No LIS, more Botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: No LIS, more Botox...

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2008, 12:57

O aye ...LOL...Brownies !!! Image
Sorry you toosh was sore yesterday Corsi...
Hope you are better today Image

Postby cherylk » 31 Aug 2008, 13:07

Corsica,
I don't think McCain's vp pick will help him much. That was what I was meaning. This world is a mess and the US prestige is low. I am not a big fan of Bush. He has a very low approval rating over here. I hate it that we spend so much money on wars when we have so many social service needs in our country.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 31 Aug 2008, 14:55

:( sorry you're having a bad day Corsi, i hope the pain calms down soon.
i'm sure things will improve regarding the incontinence if they say its only transient.

I know it seems like this fissure madness is everlasting but you WILL get better, it will heal in time. It always feels like its forever when we're in pain, and it is a very slow healing condition.

get better soon!

Fissy, how are you doing? Are you feeling any better? I tried the nuerontin but it bunged me up so they gave me the amitryptiline. Could i ask to take pregablin with the amitryptiline, or wouldnt it mix?
hope you're feeling better! Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Aug 2008, 14:56

Corsi - Botox clears up from the body as any other toxin - it hets metabolized in the liver and expelled through poop and through kidneys . It definitely should be temporary in the body and not do any permanent damage if administered in correct concentration and manufactured under strict guidelines which it is, I am sure" in your country. Temporary incontinence in one of side effects of Botox therapy and it should get better and better as time passes because its effect will be less and less. For some people Botox lasts only 3 weeks , for some 3 months.
I hope you will start feeling better soon Image - fissures are hard to beat
but are beatable - so we have to preserver ...
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Aug 2008, 15:03

Hey Val buddy - we posted at the same time !!! I will check for you about pregabalin - as far as I know it is same family as gabapentine , but it is new drug, maybe they don't wan't to mix it since all things are not known about it yet . And yes, gabapentine does make one "drowsy" and feeling odd - my doctor wanted me to try it in combo with Klonopen and it was just too much - I decided to stick just with K. Actually G. made me more "out" than K. !!!!! So, I can understand your concern Image Image Image
I feel crappy today - more pain than yesterday , I think that fissurectomy hurts the most, than tag scars, than LIS - if at all...
If it gets even worse I will make app. tomorrow Image
XOXOOOOOOOOOOoooooo.....
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2008, 17:19

Sorry you are having a bad day Corsi. You should be able to feel full for a change. If you are incontinent at least we know that the botox got to the right spot. But I know that is such a weird sensation.

I don't really get the Christians fascination with the Repub party at all costs either. I am christian and a registered democrat and think there should be more than a 2 issue platform of abortion and gay marriage and there seems to be a lot of looking the other way if a candidate has the right wing agenda.

Postby Jen » 31 Aug 2008, 19:18

Corsi - I am sorry you had a rough day. It does not sound like fun. Don't worry - incontinence is only temporary with the botox. It will eventually be metabolized by your body. What kind of pain are you having? I would like being so loose would make you feel so much better. Is it a constant pain or a pain with a BM?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 01 Sep 2008, 05:08

:hi:
Since some of you have so much more pain from your recent surgeries, others struggle with pain and problems down south as well as other serious illnesses it feels wrong to complain about anything. It seems like quite a few of us has things going on at the same time now...
Val, I hate that your butt is giving you extra problems now. Now would be the perfect time for it to hibernate.... Image
Lecia you have multiple things going on down there and you seldom complain, always giving advice Image
Jen dear, hopeless what you go through now with your sick baby and all - but there is hope, things will get better Image
Fiss I feel sorry for the degree of pain you are going through Image
Tabby Image
Jo Image
juney Image
....and I could go on....so many nice people having things to deal with.
Botox update:
It's official, I am incontinent Image , at least before I am having a BM = in the morning. This is kind of scary, what can happen if I have to go at other times, and not at home. Today I had to run for it when I woke up...
I can only hope that this will at least help to heal my fissure.
What kind of pain? Well jen, yesterday it was good old fissure pain, all day long. It started with the BM, I felt something rip (?) when having it. You all know it, like when you sit there unprepared and then - PAIN!! and you just want to jump off the porcelaine throne Image
This roller coaster ride sure is fun Image
Image This is the party we will have next year, when we all meet to have a fissure gathering party. Where shall we meet? California? France? Corsica? Scotland? Oslo?
Image Her Poopness
Last edited by Corsi on 08 Apr 2009, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 09:00

Bless you Corsi Image
I know you must be fearful of the incontinence, I had hoped that the botox and that incontinent feeling would have been enough for you not to feel any pain and get on track to heal your fissure !
I wonder why you felt that rip sensation?? does it feel like the botox is wearing off ?
I am sorry you are in pain that’s no underestimation…
How is the pain now ? are you feeling any better today ?
Take care Corsica :truebud:
xx
Oo PARTY !!! Image
Ill be there ....Scotland is far too cold we need somewhere nice and hot so we can wear a summer dress and have flowers in our hair !!! Image

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 10:55

Sorry to hear you are dealing with pain and incontinence. Do you normally just poop in the morning? I bet that will be the only time you feel like you are losing it. I have had that happen when I was on my period and it is troubling but it will be temporary.

That stinks that you don't notice a difference in pain yet and I am sure stool softeners will just worsen the incontinence feeling but you still need to make sure things are sliding out, which you probably are with the olive oil.