No LIS, more Botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: No LIS, more Botox...

Postby Corsi » 02 Sep 2008, 03:25

Tabby :adorable: Lecia
I poop in the morning normally, and almost always - only then, but it can be more than once, and this is where my celiac disease enters the stage: If I by accident eat food with gluten I get bad Image diarreah after 2 - 4 hours, stomachpain, headache, flu like syptoms in my body, I feel blue. And this lasts for 2 - 5 days, esp. diarreah and stomach pain.
If I am stressed or something it also affects my pooping schedule. I guess everybody with chronic diseases know that stress, etc. influences it badly.
That is one of the things I really do hate Image with this disease. It is so unpredictable.....
Pain is better today, I even had breakfast before I had to run to the :flush:
I stopped taking flax seeds yesterday so it could slow down. I still take one small spoon of ground flax seed in the evening.
What do you think about taking whole flax seed? Is it good/bad?
Image Yes, you are right, tha party must take place somewhere hot! Norway is too cold as well... :conga: We could to this?
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby val » 02 Sep 2008, 03:38

I'm glad your pain is better today Corsi, and that you managed breakfast before you had to run to the loo! Hopefully things will improve lots now. I think once it starts to feel better it seems to improve quite quickly.
I'm sorry you have to deal with the celiac diseaese, that must be difficult :( .

I cant comment on the flaxseed - they gave me bad stomach cramps!

Hope you feel better soon! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2008, 04:48

Thank goodness you are feeling better today, that is good news !
You have more to battle with regards your diet, it must be so difficult !
The flaxseed wasn’t for me either i tried this a while back, I think this was because i cannot tolerate the bulk side of it ...maybe one day !!
Take care Corsi :cat02:

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2008, 06:33

I am pleased to hear things are better today. Less pain plus time to get to the potty= Image .

I don't use flaxseeds but I do use flaxseed oil for the same reason you like the olive oil. I think if you have no problems with constipation then taking them might be overkill at the moment and they won't get digested anyway unless you ground them up first.

Postby Corsi » 09 Sep 2008, 08:54

Botox update:
My CRS called me today, it is two weeks since my second Botox shot.
I think that these last days have been better, less pain during the day, and less pain after BM.
I still use Xylocain gel when having a BM to relax, if it is painful, so it is difficult to say if BMs are painfree (I will try to quit using Xylocain gel), but all in all I feel better after Botox.
I am so afraid of saying things are better because I have done it so many times and then: Painful BMs, pain during the day = Image ugly, mean Cruella De Fissville is back to haunt me!!!
I have been so afraid to say it's better to you, family and friends because I don't want to jinx it, and also I guess I don't really believe that this fissure will ever leave me...
If things continue to heal I will have an appointment in 1 - 2 months, but if things get worse I can call and they will give me more Botox as LIS isn't an option before all the Botox is out of my body, and a manometry test shows that both external and internal sphincter is strong enough to handle it.
He told me I really have to avoid hard stool, so I guess I will have to stick to my diet (religiously!).
I really don't dare to believe that it will be healed, but maybe Botox given without local anaesthetic, etc. was the correct way to do it. If I heal I will give my CRS a couple of bottles of good wine, thats for sure!
:flush: Corsica Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 11:20

I know it is scary to say you are feeling better because that seems to get the attention of the universe and it reminds you of your fraility by starting the pain again! at least that is what it seems like sometimes.

But let's celebrate the good moments and that means that something is working right down there and soon your good days will outnumber your bad days. It seems like 3 has been the magic number for botox injections and you sure have a good doctor who is very precise. Hell, I might buy him a bottle of wine myself!

Postby val » 09 Sep 2008, 11:42

Image thats brilliant news Corsi, I'm really pleased for you. I know its horrible posting when we feel better as it always seems to come back to haunt us, but I suppose the real truth is that there are good days, followed by bad days, followed by more and more good days, so here's to all your good days and may there be plenty of them! Image
val
King Fissure

Postby mlsohm » 09 Sep 2008, 13:22

Hello, I'm back, MLS in the name. It's been awhile since I've posted, but I check in often. It's been a year ago today since I had my last setback. It all started Oct. 2006 and it was all I thought about until April 2007. I had a few setbacks off and on until a year ago today and I have been free, THANK GOD!!!!!Changed my diet, more fiber, ground flax seed and fruit and veggies. Also get more exercise and lost some weight, cut some of the stress out of my life. Good luck to everybody here and I will return the prayers that I have received from everybody here. I'll be checking in often. Thanks to forum, a great bunch of people!
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby val » 09 Sep 2008, 14:33

Image its so lovely to hear a success story! Good for you, I hope you remain fissure free forever Image
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Sep 2008, 14:36

That's fantastic, MLS! So happy to hear that! Yep, do check in with us every so often, good to hear from you!
Deleted User 5