Cinderella's LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby happyass » 17 Oct 2008, 09:34

cindy, i think you have your answer.
just listen to your body and when it tells you it is time, then you will feel good about it all around. you will be stress-free about your decision and embracing your new "project"......
i wish you luck and just take a moment to be still and silent, and see what your body tells you. you will know when......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cinderella » 19 Oct 2008, 12:23

Everything has changed so far. I think I should forget all plans to conceive.
My fissure has not re-opened but I have felt slight pain during BMs for last three days. I have also faced some spasms. The pain I am experiencing is minimal, however I felt completely normal already. Why I have to have this setback again? I am almost sure that I will never heal 100%. Probably I have to accept the fact that my butt cannot get through another pregnancy anymore. I am so sad.
Besides I have itch again. Image
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby pinky » 20 Oct 2008, 08:53

Cinderella,i just posted in my thread and even i have the same problem as you.i was starting to feel normal but since 5 days the soreness is bad.feel the sharp pain.havent had any spasms.even though the pain is minimal,i cant walk freely as it hurts.dont feel disheartened.maybe its just the recovery pains.healing wound causes itching unless you have an infection.do you have any other symptoms?dont jump to conclusions now.be positive and you will heal.once you have healed you can think of baby plans.i always thought it just took a week to get back to normal but now i know it may take many months.hope you feel better soon
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2008, 09:33

I would view recovery in weeks and even months when it comes to anal surgery. It is not an area that you can keep sterile and cannot be immobilized so healing is not going to be straightforward.

Postby Jo » 21 Oct 2008, 08:39

Dear Cindy,
Lecia is right. Recovery from these butt issues can take months. One day you feel better and then you may have a little setback. But you will just keep going forward little by little. Sometimes it is hard to see improvements but as weeks go by things will just continue improving. You will heal.
Hope you have a good day!
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2008, 09:04

Hi Cindy
I hope things get better for you soon, I am sure this is just a little bump in the road...
Don’t give up hope just yet…

Postby pinky » 30 Oct 2008, 11:30

cindy,how are you healing?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Oct 2008, 11:38

Don't despair, Cindy. It doesn't sound too bad, really. You're gonna conceive when the time is right!! Why do you think you won't heal 100%? It happens all the time!
I just want you to take what Jo and Pinky said to heart, their words are very true. Iit will take time -- two steps forward and sometimes one step back. But even the itch is a great sign, it means you are healing. Now, just let it happen!
:nevergive:
Deleted User 5

Postby Cinderella » 01 Nov 2008, 03:47

I am so tired. I saw CRS and he said that my sphincter is still very tight that he should have cut more. He recommended botox or light dilataton under anaesthesia. Image He also mentioned that another LIS might be needed in the future, but not now. Image
I am not having pain just little itch. But I still have to push when I am passing gas. This morning I re-tore little bit. I am not sure what happend but I felt pain during BM. However it was minor pain and no bleeding. After BM I put Diltiazem (which I should use daily according to CRS). Now I am not having pain I had it only during BM, not afterwards.
Next step is botox, but I do not know how long I have to waite for that.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2008, 08:21

I am sorry to hear this Cindy :(
So glad you are not experiencing bad pain and you have some cream to use for now..
The Botox could well see you though this healing stage , maybe better than the dilation as it will not be so invasive ?
Did you feel the Botox helped you last time ?
Hugs to you Cindy
xx