Cinderella's LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby Jen » 14 Sep 2008, 12:46

Cindy -
Oh geez! I am sorry! :( :( :( However, this is not the end of the world by far! After the infection clears up, you will still be on the way to healing. This is just a small bump in the road.
I just find it so strange that your incision got infected. It was so small! Mine was HUGE and took 2 1/2 weeks even to close fully. I wonder if smaller incisions have a higher infection rates than larger ones due to the fact they have a harder time draining. What does everyone think???
Are you on antibiotics? How is your fissure pain? Are you looser now?
I HAVE CONTINUED FAITH FOR YOUR FULL RECOVERY!!! Image
:angell:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 14 Sep 2008, 14:44

:( I'm sorry you're hurting . It was a good thing you got it checked out and have antibiotics. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get any worse. The antibiotics will take a day or two to work, but you should feel a lot better once they do start to work. Are you taking a lot of baths in salt water? That would help to soothe things.

If you get symptoms like you feel like you have flu, then dont ignore that. I'm sure things will settle down fine now, this is only a bit of a setback and you will heal in the end.
Hope you feel better soon Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Sep 2008, 16:05

Oh Cindy :cinderella: Image Image Image - I am so sorry , but you see - you discovered it fast and it will be cleared - thanks God for that - when left untreated it can make fistula and such so dear buddy - don't despair - you were actually lucky to cut it at the root Image. Week or two longer in healing is nothing when you know that you will heal Image at the end - right ??? Image Image Image Just try to rest now and eat well and take some vitamins and such to help your body fight that nasty bug !!!
You should start feeling MUCH better in a 2-3 days :D !!! Good luck Cindy-girl Image !!!
JEN - buddy - I had tiny incision both times - and I am very happy about that part LOL Image ! I just don't understand why CRSs don't give antibiotics for first 2 weeks as profilaxis Image Image, like Juney have it now - wouldn't it be logical ???? Image
Val - : Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 15 Sep 2008, 02:25

Cindy Image
I understand that it's a bad setback, but as Fissy says - you should be happy to get it treated so soon. Hope you heal and get rid of this forever....
Corsica Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2008, 06:09

Dear Cinderella
I am sorry to hear of the infection but so glad you dealt with it so quickly...
I hope the A/Bs make you feel better soon and you can get back on track for healing Image
Take care
xx

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2008, 07:41

That is great that they caught it so soon-or I should say you and Val caught it so soon.  I wonder too why they don't do antibiotics with anal surgery.  They must do some IV though during the surgery.  Guess they are worried about resistance issues?  But they have to be used sometimes!

Postby pinky » 20 Sep 2008, 14:56

cinderella,hows the infection now?even i had an infection as i had fever and yellow discharge which was foul smelling.can i know wat antibiotics u r on?we r unlucky to have this as infection is quite rare after LIS and when my surgeon explained it,i thought of u.ive been given cefradine and metronidazole.thanks
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Cinderella » 26 Sep 2008, 12:23

I am so depressed I just feel that I am too tired with my life.
During every BM I feel that my fissure or incision is re-tearing. It causes pain but it is manageable. I do not have spasms but I have discomfort through the whole day and sitting for several hours is hard.
I cannot understand why my fissure/ incision does not heal. I feel that I was better one week ago than now. Still I am sure that the infection is gone. The issue is that I am just not healing....
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2008, 13:31

I understand this is wearing you out. You have been suffering a long time but it will end. Not to jinx anything but Jen and Tabby are doing better and even Pinky has felt hopeful and they were just as desperate as you. So you will come through this. If you are in pain I would urge you to treat it. You will heal better if you are more comfortable. Pain just takes so much out of you.
I hope you can relax some this weekend and have you hubby take care of the little one so you can take some baths and be good to yourself.

Postby val » 26 Sep 2008, 13:51

The infection has probably set you back a little, but it will get better eventually. It is such a difficult place to heal and it seems like forever when pain is your constant companion.
I hope you feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86