Cinderella's LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby Guest » 06 Sep 2008, 10:54

I think the tenseness that you feel is from the trauma. The anus spasms after surgery so I bet within a week you will notice less of that. I am so glad you are feeling better and are recuperating well. Just keep taking care of yourself since you still have the fissure to heal from and you want to keep your bum in good shape for the next little cinderella.

Postby Guest » 06 Sep 2008, 12:43

Thank goodness the first BM was kind to you...
So pleased to hear you are doing so well :)
Take care and get plenty of rest Image

Postby Jen » 06 Sep 2008, 14:05

Cindy -
That is so awsome your butt looks and feels normal. Do you feel any difference? Have you felt anything from your fissure area?
I am glad you are feeling well!!
My butt looked so traumatized after surgery. It was so swollen and my incision looked like the worlds largest fissure. Also where they cauterized the hemmie, there was a huge black scab thing that is finally starting to heal now as well. Gross! Yikes!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Sep 2008, 14:46

Cindy - all sounds just wonderful Image Image Image !!!! Just continue with baths for 8 weeks to make that fissure heal and keep you pop soft for a year and all will be fine Image !!! Hope you will feel "looser" after a week or so Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 06 Sep 2008, 17:41

Fiss -Did your doctor tell you to do sitz baths for 8 weeks? What kind of discharge instructions did you get with both LIS?
Cindy- what were your discharge instructions like?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Sep 2008, 23:55

Hi Jen : ) _ I only remember that I was told to take at least 4 long soaks a day and 3 times metamucil and not to lift anythng for 2 weeks. This time I was told same about soaks but to take Metamucil
for a month LOL - like I was going to be cured once and for all in 4 weeks. NOW - most people probably are !!!!! In my case - where butt is tight as knot extra measures are needed.
Fissures need about 8 weeks to heal after the LIS and up to 12 if fissurectomy was performed so I decided to have a soaks until my fissure was declared healed by visual inspection and it was at 9 weeks - and I had that check -up on my own insistence. I just wanted to be sure.
So, I followed what I found in medical papers and not what was said in their discharge notes. If I followed it this time - I would have bleeding butt right now !!!! I knew immediately that my butt was in spasm and that metamucil is out of question!!! I am taking
now Colace and Mg and MOM to keep everything soft since PLUS nitro cream and valium to keep spasms at bay !
You have to listen to your body and what feels comfortable - they are sometimes out of line - as you saw yourself. Now that you had LIS you only have more favorable conditions for healing - but you still have a fissure and you need to make it close ! So, nice diet, soaks and all other shenanigans HAVE to be still applied
and religiously followed until you are fissure free and than you still have to be careful for a year not to open it again ! Even if you do not feel any pain - it does not mean that your fissure is closed !!! I had no fissure pain same day after first LIS - but of course I still had a fissure - know what I mean !?! Pain is only one of the symptoms ...
Before my second LIS I had no pain, just skin tag irritation - some burning and small pinch occasionally . 3 CRSs looked and could not see it and than during colonoscopy it was seen with tiny camera and super bright light !!!!
All in all - a good LIS can make them heal, semi-good LIS can make them less painful and bad LIS can make a hell in your butt !!!
All the best buddy - stay positive and pamper that tush like no other !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 07 Sep 2008, 01:32

its great u r feeling better.ur CRS mustve done a very good job.
relax and take care.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Cinderella » 09 Sep 2008, 11:33

So far everything has changed.
I have two outer hemorrhoids which are close to the incision even I cannot see the incision but I know that my sphincter was cut at three o'clock. The other hemorrhoid is extremely big, other one smaller.
I saw my CRS today and he said that my anus is so irritated from the surgery that it has developed these hemorrhoids. If I am lucky they will go away, if not I have to go through hemorrhoid surgery. I cannot sit at all I have so much pain in those hemorrhoids. I just do not want to have any hemorrhoid removed as my AF developed from hemorrhoid surgery two years ago.
Jen, I have horrible itch at the incision all the time which is driving me crazy. I think my skin is also irritated because I have taken too many hot baths and showers.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby val » 09 Sep 2008, 12:05

:( sorry you're having a rough time. It seems like you're going round in circles with one thing causing the other. I hope things settle down and you dont have to have any more surgery.Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jo » 09 Sep 2008, 12:22

Sorry Cinderella,
Hope those hemmies go away on their own, my fissure was caused by my hemmie surgery also. You probably are having swelling from surgery and as it heals hoping they will go away.
You will be in my prayers.
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5