Cinderella's LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby pinky » 09 Sep 2008, 13:11

so sorry to hear you are in pain again cinderella.hope they go away on their own.dont lose hope yet.we r here for u.take care Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Jen » 09 Sep 2008, 17:28

I am sorry for your pain Cindy! :( It does seam you are going in circles with all this.
What kind of surgery did you have 2 years ago? Are the hemmies currently thrombosed? Are they very painful? Is your doctor possibly talking about a hemmroidectomy? I also KNOW that my chronic fissure was caused from just having hemmroids - my whole anal canal would swell so bad, when I had a BM, something had to give. I had ligation and some sort of cauterization procedure that I think Jo had as well. The last one was hard to remove as the hemmie was in my anal canal.
Do you feel any looser? Are you taking anything from pain? Are you beeding? I will get better sweetie. I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and I am just now starting to feel better.
My incision is like yours - itchy! It also stings at times really bad. My CRS said this is normal for 2-3 weeks post op and I need to give it a full 6-8 weeks before it fully heals.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 18:04

I am sorry you got hemorrhoids from all of this. They should go away I would think since they were caused by the surgery and not from any anal defect you have.

Can you do rubber band ligation once things calm down in there. I feel so bad for you. Just keep thing soft and take you baths. I take an herbal supplement to help prevent my hemorrhoids from coming back that Gareth (Happyass) told me about. It is chinese herbal supplement called Zhi Chuang Pian. I got mine from www.activeherb.com

Also taking Rutin (a bioflavonoid) helps to strengthen collagen walls and diosimin as well. I take a baby aspiring every day to help prevent clotting (thromboses). I wish I knew a magic formula for keeping these things away.

Postby Jen » 09 Sep 2008, 18:42

Lecia - I have not heard of you having any hemmie problems lately. Those supplements & aspirin must be working!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 19:08

I know better than to say anything is working. That is an invitation for disaster! This whole butt thing has made me so superstitious. I am sure you all know what I mean!

Postby Jen » 09 Sep 2008, 19:25

Sorry Lecia! I totally understand about being superstitous. I really have not been wanting to talk about my LIS for that reason latley! Image
:sprinkleheart: Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 19:34

I'll take that to mean that no news is good news then! Image

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Sep 2008, 20:38

he he, I asked for talisman "smily" loooooong time ago, but nobody listened LOL . LU girls !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Cinderella » 10 Sep 2008, 13:57

Thank you for your support!
I am taking paracetamol 2-3g daily. I do not have pain during BMs and no bleeding either. But I have horrible pain in those two hemorrhoids and I am not able sit at all.
Secondly I am itching all the time and this itch is almost worse than AF pain because I have difficulties to control myself to not scratch my butt. At nights I am waking up several times because of the itch. Last night I had to take three showers during the night because I cannot find any other ways too relief the itch. Showers are just giving part-time relief but is better than suffering all the time. How didi you manage with itch and how long did it take?
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby val » 10 Sep 2008, 14:58

you could try a clotrimidazole like Canesten which is usually for thrush, that calms the itch down, or calamine lotion or a medicated talc. I didnt have that itching after my surgery but have had it at other times, and it is really horrible.
I'm glad you're doing well aside from that!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86