Travel advice please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Travel advice please

Postby Corsi » 15 Nov 2008, 13:55

Pinky Image
I travelled with my fissure last summer, and I laid down as much as possible - on benches, on the floor, etc. I had a blanket/pillow to put under my head, I even laid down on the airplan. The worst thing I did was to be on my feets the whole day. Getting som rest was so important not to make things worse.
Remember comfortable clothes as well, and clothes that don't cause humidity down south...important to keep your butt dry :D
So happy you are going home Pinky, for how long will you stay?
:lovetree: Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby SunshineHope » 15 Nov 2008, 15:24

Something else I just remembered in addition to Corsi's message... If the seat is big enough, sometimes you can put up both of your legs to the side and sort of shift the weight to the side of your bum/butt cheek so it doesn't put pressure on the fissure. I did that on the bus ride, sort of slept on my side with my feet up, and if you're sitting beside your cousin I'm sure he or she won't mind you curling up like that a bit.
Take care!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby pinky » 15 Nov 2008, 16:26

Booked the tickets for dec 3.ill be travelling alone with my son as tickets are too expensive on 10th to travel with my cousin.i somehow made up my mind and was adamant not to pay almost 1000pounds for the ticket.i might as well get an upgrade with the money we've saved.ticket cost only 450pounds and i get to go early as well.another advantage is that the flight's at night,so my son will sleep and not much of nappy change.
Tabby-wish you could visit me in india with ur mom.
Jo-im really praying ill be healed by then but i have my doubts.ill be back end of jan.
Sunshinehope and corsi-great advice.im from india, so im careful where i eat.i should be very strict with my diet as its too easy to control myself with all the great food around and too much pampering by parents and relatives.i hope im healing and wont need to see any doctor there.i have to do my homework to find a crs there as we never know how experienced they are unless we know them.
hot tp is great advice and i hope i wont have any pain.ill wear comfy clothes,maybe i should just wear from cotton pants instead of jeans.
i have to look for the pillow,it will be comfortable.hope the seat next to us will be empty so that i can relax.now im scared how ill manage alone.
ill have a hard time but im getting prepared mentally.im going home after almost 2yrs.had to cancel many times due to my butt.
another worry of mine is when to take movicol?shall i take it in the flight at night or shud i skip it?ill have to poop in the morning if i take movicol.any advice on cleaning after BM while travelling.shall i wipe with baby wipes?
thanks once again for all your advice.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Nov 2008, 19:58

Use baby-wipes , that is for sure . I do not know if you have Balneol cleansing cream in the
UK. If yes, buy it and put some on baby-wipes - you will not feel a thing passing your butt and it will make it clean as a charm !!! I hope you took my advice and told your Sis to bring you some from NY ? If not, it is not too late for her to send you some !
I am sorry that I can not be of any help regarding advice about Movicol since I never used it , but I am sure other members will know.
It is going to be harder traveling alone with a baby Image , but you can make it ! We all can
do so much more when we do not have a choice - I mean, if somebody told me that I would go through so much pain and still be alive , I would never believe him/her. And not to mention things that I tried - Image!!!
Best of luck Pinky Image - all will be just fine Image
PS: Why don't you wear a sari or one of those beautiful Indian tunics with cotton pants - it looks so comfy and elegant ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2008, 13:32

Very exciting Pinky Image
Nice to hear you are booked ...I wish we could meet in India Image I would love to visit one day !
Ref the movicol – You take yours at night right ?
When I have been out of my zone before fissure days I would take a laxative - A tip from my mum, she always takes senna laxative when travelling – Take it on the first night before you go to sleep for morning relief :flush: I only used it that first night to help kickstart my bodyclock !
I would think a little senna or similar - Just for that extra precaution and take the movicol before bedtime like you usually do Image
You would have to check that both can be taken together!
I found my pillow at Ikea they have many different types ! I think you will like sitting on one Image
A sari sounds lovely Image

Postby SunshineHope » 17 Nov 2008, 00:20

Oh man those Indian suits are soo comfy and they look so flattering too when they're fitted Image. The best part is the bottom "pants", they look great with the long tunic, and they're soo open and free, lol. Very fissure friendly clothing Image
Even though some people don't like the donut pillow, I love mine. I'm sitting on it now. It's been one of those best friends along the journey :)
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby pinky » 19 Nov 2008, 10:13

good idea to wear the salwar.i wear sarees only on special occasions and im not very good at carrying it off.it can come off easily and can be uncomfortable if not used to wearing it.
im looking for a donought pillow and cant seem to find one.any idea where to get in the uk?
Fissy-My sis cudnt find balneol cream last time.she looked in 4 pharmacies and even asked the person there who said they hadnt heard of it.ill ask her to look for it again.i think she looked in riteaid.any particular pharmacy shop?it'll be a lifesaver to take it to india as ill be travelling a lot there.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2008, 11:29

Balneol is usually kept behind the pharmacy. It isn't exactly flying off the shelves. I hope you can find some.
I think if you go to a place where they have medical supplies you could find something to sit on. They do have special cushions for people who use wheelchairs to prevent sores, maybe something like that would help.

Postby val » 19 Nov 2008, 11:55

I got my cushion from a mobility shop.They sold the donut cushions too!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Nov 2008, 15:25

Pinky - I buy Balneol in Longs Drug. It is in the isle where all butt related stuff is and bottles are tiny, white with blue cap and lettering. I know where to look but still have to look and look until I find them. Personnel in drugstores is useless in most cases , I am sorry to say that, but sometimes I think they have a "dummy" test before they employ anybody - I apologize here to all competent and smart people that work in drugstores !!! Last time they had 2 bottles and I wanted more. I "ordered" 10 bottles in the store and they NEVER came. I was so upset I sent my hubby to deal with them. He ended ordering them not from the Long's Drugs STORE, but from the pharmacy counter IN THE STORE. I know it does not make any sense, but the "by prescription" counter is actually separate entity from actual store in which it operates. I would suggest that your sister try to do that - to order Balneol from people behind the prescription drug counter , or she can try store itself - maybe mine particular Longs is run by idiots LOL.
I wish you best of luck Pinky - your Sis just needs to be more persistent in the search Image.
Did you look up on the internet - maybe you yourself can order some that way Image ?!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61