Travel advice please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Travel advice please

Postby pinky » 19 Nov 2008, 15:56

we dont have balneol in the uk.i will give the description to my sis.she tried last time and fell ill before she could go looking for it again.hope she can find some soon.ill check if they sell online.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby SunshineHope » 19 Nov 2008, 18:25

What exactly is balneol, gals?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby cherylk » 19 Nov 2008, 19:11

It is a cleansing lotion. I used it for many months but thought I was possibly developing a sensitivity to it.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 19 Nov 2008, 19:30

Cheryl & Fiss -
Does balenol stop the itching or is it like a mild soap? Do you put it on after BMs or at night time?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Nov 2008, 20:35

It looks and smells like very nice body lotion - nothing like soap at all ! It can be used as cleansing agent OR as a protective cream - supposedly calms down irritation of anal or other "private" parts. I used it extensively during my healing period after LIS. I would wash, soak and than use q-tips to clean area to a detail with Balneol. I was shocked how much i would actually clean off even after washing and soaking . My CRS said that it actually helped my "black hole" close in record time. Now, I use it when I have to have BM outside of the home . I put some on TP and it glides off without irritating anus - and a little goes a loooong way LOL. At home I now use it occasionally, only if I feel irritation down there - I again use it after washing and apply with a q-tip , just because I am clean freak and don't like touching myself with a finger LOL. It is really a 10 sec. process . Yes,sometimes I apply it before sleep if I had BM at that late hour. If irritation is even more , like I had it last week due to mushy poop, I use my compounding cream for comfort - works like a charm Image.
Hope it helped Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 19 Nov 2008, 22:06

SOLD! I am getting the balenol! Thanks for the description! Image Ever since LIS I ger the itches occasionally REALLY bad and I have no idea why??? Image Image Image The other day I had them so bad in the grocery store and I could not relieve myself! Image They finally went away on there own. Why do you think one gets the itches after LIS?? I have read somewhere that it is from all the extra bloodflow. I think it maybe due to the extra wipping that I have to do because my BM's are so soft. Oh well, I will take the itches over a fissure anyday! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Nov 2008, 23:01

yes babe, itching can be caused by many things . Itching in it's origin and how it is transported to the brain and by which nerve endings indicates that it is a feeling that is VERY much close to actual PAIN signals. So, itching is kind of pain - but more pleasant form. It is suppose to attract our attention and tell us that something is "there" that needs attention. That is why we itch when we have hives, insect bites, our skin is too dry, have skin disorders (like eczema or psoriasis ), or when our wounds heal - it can be sign of infection but also can be last stage of healing - when crust is forming. I my humble opinion, itching in anal area signals slight irritation. I know that my butt would itch in my pre-fissure life if I did not have a chance to wash immediately after BM. TP was never enough for me- I would be itching like crazy until I would wash with water. That was one of the reasons I hated public places - it would mean no washing. Now, if I was lucky and nobody was around, I would go out of the stall, take a ton of TP, moisten it and go back into the stall LOL. That would help, but not for long Image . I am going to patent portable bidet Image . Anyway - try to wash after BM and you can try vaseline to protect your fragile anal area. It also can help with itching - many members already tried it with great success !
Best of luck buddy Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 19 Nov 2008, 23:31

A portable bidet!!! Image
I think your right - I think it is a cleanliness issue at times. I wipe so much with my TP, but sometimes I just need more! I actually just bought some toddler flushable wipes to keep in my bathroom.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Nov 2008, 01:52

He he Image - we are TRUE butt buddies Jen Image
TP can never "take it all" and the more we use , the more we irritate our butts by all that "dry" wiping Image . Cottonelle wet wipes for adults are very gentle and soft ( they are in TP isle in the Safeway) and my whole family uses them. I still prefer to jump into the tub and wash if I am at home. I have mini pack of baby-wipes in every of my purses as well as Balneol (it is tiny bottle, you will see : ). So if I really need to go in a public place I am ready by all means LOL. Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2008, 07:44

I need a portable irrigation system! I am finding I burn less if I actually wipe off with a wet q-tip just to get everything in the folds!