Endometriosis and rectal pain

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: Endometriosis and rectal pain

Postby pinky » 24 Nov 2008, 05:33

Im surprised your CRS didnt mention endometriosis can affect the rectum.do you have endometriosis?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby cherylk » 24 Nov 2008, 08:06

I was diagnosed with endo via laparoscopy. Very painful condition!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Nov 2008, 19:20

Pinky - I do not know if I have endo. I always suspected it though.
Tabby - yes, only laparoscopy can detect endo. with certainty. Now they have lasers and can clean all lesions in seconds all over the pelvic area . I am only sure I do not have adenomyosis (endo. within the uterine wall) since that can be seen on the MRI. If your Mom or any of the siblings had it - your chance of having it increases Image But, I surely hope you do not have it !!!
Cheryl - how they treated your endo. and what were your main symptoms ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 01 Dec 2008, 08:20

I was diagnosed later in life and they said basically live with it and wait until menopause when it will not be an issue. I had pain on my left side every time I had a period. I think they can burn off the spots now with laser which is what I wanted them to do for me.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Dec 2008, 19:12

That is just interesting Cheryl, I have pain on my left side only Image . During period it is horrific pain all over though - especially since I got that progesterone shot Image - I will give him one next time I see him Image . He has a pot-belly pig belly and breasts would complete the assemble Image - he would be perfect OB than LOL.
I am really praying to reach menopause fast Image and you give me hope that that part will resolve than completely Image For some women though
endo pain continues even after periods stop , and with my luck .... oh well...
Lecia- baby- yes, it all comes to $$$ at the end , and it is so sickening and pitiful Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 03 Dec 2008, 06:13

I had a chat with my mum Fissy – Her main symptoms being stomach pain/cramping 2 weeks before she was due on , she had that awful build up and then her symptoms got worse when her period did arrive, Very heavy bleeding that lasted for 5 days plus , the cramping was the worst for her – she said she always had symptoms of being due on and or dealing with her period - The same Cheryl she said it was very painful to deal with ! :(

Postby cherylk » 03 Dec 2008, 07:00

I think you could have your endo spots removed via laparascope if you so choose. That is how I was diagnosed (via laparascope). I would choose that rather than pain if possible. I also had heavy bleeding, but that was probably due to fibroid tumors. That is why I became anemic. I think my son was on a prenatal vit with iron when he was anemic. Could you try that????????
cherylk
VIP

Postby Jo » 03 Dec 2008, 09:53

I had endo before most of my kids were born. I had such painful cramps, I ended up in emergency room several times. It was terrible! I then had surgery, fearing a tumor and they removed left ovary and it was the size of an orange! The ovary tangled with the endo mess, definitely a relief to get rid of.
They warned me of it returning since other ovary was there but it never bothered me again. :D
I also later had heavy bleeding and anemia due to uterine fibroids, not the terrible pain, though.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 03 Dec 2008, 09:59

Jo,
We all have had some of the same issues!! Do you still have fibroids and heavy bleeding?? Sometimes endo makes getting pregnant difficult.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Jo » 03 Dec 2008, 10:35

Cheryl,
I had a hysterectomy when my youngest was 2. It was actually such a relief. I needed 3 units of blood, I was so anemic.
After my endo, the Dr's said if I wanted to have more kids to hurry and try. It was easier for #2,3 & 4. I think having 1 good ovary was better than having 1 good and 1 bad.
I had my right ovary removed 1 1/2 years ago due to a very large (17 cm) cyst. It was very scary because they thought it looked like cancer. I felt like I made a mistake keeping it instead of having it removed with the uterus. Thankfully it was not cancer.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5