I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Postby Corsi » 12 Feb 2009, 09:56

I wonder too Tamara... Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 14 Feb 2009, 17:44

I can totally relate to you Tamara.Its the worst thing to happen after giving birth.Even i dont know how i went through those days and still alive.I wish noone has to go through this.
Enjoy your life now.Cute pic of your daughther
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby newmom » 19 Feb 2009, 10:25

Pinky - This is something I would never wish on my worst enemy and to happen to a new mother I think is just cruel of the universe! I can relate of not knowing how I even survived.
It's been just over 4 wks and I'm still very happy to report that all is going superb! I had my follow-up on the 11th and he said everything looked good! He is a very skilled surgeon and I'm so glad I went with him instead of the other surgeon! I'm slowing adding more foods to my diet and it's going very well. I think I may have been eating too much fiber before??? I'm still on Metamucil 2x daily and my CRS advised me to keep on this for a least a few more months but I plan to stay on it longer as it keeps things very predictable and I like that!
I've been traveling to visit my inlaws and my parents so I've been using different toilets and eating different foods. I've always had a hard time going at my inlaws place but it went okay! No problems at my parents but I think it's all just about my comfort level so of course I'm super comfortable at my mom & dad's. I'll be heading to my sisters next and have no worries about that, then to a wedding where I will be in a hotel with just my hubby and baby so no worries there either. I have to say that I feel like I'm living life to its best everyday and it feels so good! To be visiting family is so good for the spirit although it's been tough on my daughter since she is totally out of her sleep routine! I've been getting up many times in the night and haven't had to do that since she was a newborn! But I don't mind....I just feel so bad for her, she is so tired but is having a really hard time falling and staying asleep. It'll will be nice to be home on Sunday!
Tamara
Image Image
newmom
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2009, 10:41

Great news about the follow up Tamara Image
I think you are very wise to stick with the metamucil - psyllium has other great health benefits too Image
Did you use the metamucil before surgery too ?
You are loving life just now – That kicks ass !
Enjoy
xx

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2009, 10:53

You have regained your freedom and that is wonderful. It is fabulous you can enjoy life and be fully a part of it with your baby. That is so awesome you can travel and could go at your inlaws and are gaining confidence like that.

I am thrilled everything went so well for you. Makes me wonder if LIS might just be the way to go rather than doing botox as it seems like most people end up getting the LIS anyway? or so it woud seem...

Postby Corsi » 19 Feb 2009, 12:59

I agree Lecia....
Good for you Tamara :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 19 Feb 2009, 13:10

Tamara,
Happy you are still doing so well. Image Now you can encourage others that are struggling as you know what it was like!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby newmom » 19 Feb 2009, 15:14

Tootie, the botox was a nightmare for me....I don't know why but it made things so bad. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the MOM as I was taking that at the same time. It made things very mushy which = very bad burning x8 hours daily! I had 2 shots of botox since I was trying everything to avoid surgery and looking back my only regret is not doing it sooner.
Tabby - I didn't use metamucil before surgery but I did eat a high fiber diet. I think part of my problem was not drinking enough water.
If this thread helps just one person than the suffering I went through would be worth it (almost)LOL!! It truly was hell for me and I wanted to die...no joke, it was really bad. It seems like forever ago and I think that is part of the human brain that protects us. Not letting me remember just how bad it was....I do remember but it almost feels like it was someone else. I don't really know how to explain it.
Thanks to everyone here I made it through the really bad time and now I want to give hope to those suffering.
Tamara
Image Image
newmom
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2009, 16:50

Yes look at us botox buddys ! :pvn:
Tamara – you totally rock on ! Image
It just amazing how you come from feeling so bad to this now !
I relate to what you say - it’s like its happening to a numb version of ourselves Image
Lots of water with your meta , I always followed it down with an extra glass of water, Too much fibre can be unnecessary - stick to your RDA of fibre and the meta – perfect balance !
Go play mum ! Baby icon here Image

Postby newmom » 19 Feb 2009, 17:07

Thanks Tabby!!
I also follow the recommended dose of meta with at least a 1/2 liter of water. In total I probably drink 4 liters of water a day and now it's like I need that much....my body is use to it and I feel so healthy and hydrated! My skin looks awesome too!
During the worst of the fissure and after surgery I was so paranoid about getting enough fiber. I must have been eating 40gms daily and also taking meta 2x daily. It was all just too much. I still eat quite a high fiber diet but I'm not so paranoid of eating foods that don't contain much fiber because I do get enough during the day. And I can't even begin to tell you all how wonderful it is to enjoy some wine with my friends! I don't drink much because I'm still breastfeeding but boy do I enjoy what I have!! I must sound like a lush but I really enjoy my wine! Image
Tamara
newmom
Salt Bather