I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Postby cherylk » 27 Jan 2009, 03:59

Tamara,
Thanks for sharing your good news. Image As Kim indicated, you give both the healed and unhealed a lot of hope. This is such a great forum with very supportive people, and I was telling my friend Dwight about this group. He might try to log on as a guest to see what this forum is all about. As he and I were discussing this group, I told him that all groups, churches, etc. should be like this one--always lending support and willing to share info. If that were the case, wouldn't this world be a much better place instead of all of the divisiveness that we see (wars, fights, and all other kinds of bad things). Just my two cents worth. Good luck and best wishes with continued healing!!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby newmom » 27 Jan 2009, 11:47

This forum is a God-send....I'm so glad I found it when I did. I've had some pretty dark days that I wish to never repeat in my life-time. This forum gave me hope when I had none....and everyone here has been incredibly supportive and caring, it has really touched my heart. I've been on other forums that I refuse to go back too. Some people can be so cruel to folks they don't even know. This whole situation has made me so much more empathetic towards others....you really never know someone's situation. And as I have so painfully learned it is never ever fair to judge....that is what I love about the people here, everyone is free of judgment!!
I'm still feeling great, but I feel I will stop posting how wonderful I feel when there are so many others still really suffering. I don't feel it's fair for me to be continuing exclaiming how great I am.....It may not always be. I will still post updates on my progress but just not daily. If anyone has any questions for me I'd be more than happy to answer. I will still be around offering support for others as it was so kindly offered to me!
To hope and healing!! Image
newmom
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Corsi » 27 Jan 2009, 11:53

newmom wrote:I'm still feeling great, but I feel I will stop posting how wonderful I feel when there are so many others still really suffering. I don't feel it's fair for me to be continuing exclaiming how great I am.....It may not always be. I will still post updates on my progress but just not daily.

You must not think like that, we love healing stories - even if we are in pain - it gives us hope!!
Everyone thinks it's good that you are doing well Tamara, you are a mom for God's sake :) you are a better mom without pain :)
Tell us how things are, I :redlove: to read about it!
Are your family and husband supportive? Are you having a year off with your son? How long is maternity leave?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2009, 12:06

We don't hold grudges against people who feel good! It's wonderful, actually, because, think about how many people who read here and never join because we scare the sh!t out of them with our horror stories!!!!
Yes, I too have developed more empathy for physical suffering. I did not really know what it meant to suffer until this and now my heart instantly goes out to someone I see in pain. I just want to cry for them.
I like our board too. Some places can be pretty snarky.

Postby cherylk » 27 Jan 2009, 12:52

Tootie et. al.,
I've become more empathetic also, and it has completely changed my attitude towards some of my relatives (in laws) for the better and as a consequence improved some of my relationships! I think Kim keeps people in line if they get snarky. I'll have to look up that word--never b/4 heard it.
Tamara,
Because you have been so down at times, you give others a lot of hope which is very important. So, don't think for one moment that your comments cannot be beneficial because they are. We are all here to support one another through bad times AND good times. Best wishes for continued good healing.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2009, 12:58

Yes, good point, Cheryl! Remember how you wanted to be put out of your misery and asked to die and now you are so much better. If people read this they might not give up hope because they saw that you were so low but now are doing so much better.
It was great that you were honest about your feelings. I know I sure have felt the same way and it made me feel better to know that I wasnt the only one that asked my husband to please let me die.
Snarky is just rude, snide or hurtful comments usually on a board.

Postby newmom » 29 Jan 2009, 09:42

You all are so very sweet!!! Having this forum I know has aided in my recovery...to know you have people rooting for you feels really great!!
Well today is day 8 since surgery....my stitches seem like they are almost out/dissolved and things couldn't be better!!! I can't believe I actually look forward to pooping!! I just feel so damn good after, with absolutely no pain during the movement itself!! Oh but the itch has started....I had to jump in the tub last night around midnight but then it was gone and I slept great!
I'm off for a year with my daughter and I'm so looking forward to next six months!! My hubby is the most wonderful man and has been more supportive than I could ever explain. To watch him with our daughter brings tears to my eyes....he just loves her more than life itself. I feel like I have everything I will ever need and be taken care of regardless of any situation that may arise. He is actually taking 3 months of parental leave and we will all be together for the 3 months prior to me going back to work! I'm so excited and can't wait!!
Oh I have to mention that I'm having some very minor gas incontinence that comes and goes....sometimes I can hold em' and sometimes I can't! But please believe me when I say that it is not a big deal at all....the little toots that escape are not loud/obnoxious and it actually makes me giggle a bit! Image My last botox shot was less than 3 months ago so I'm thinking that it may get better once all the botox is out of my system...but if it doesn't it really is not a big deal!
My best friend came to visit me for the last 2 days and we had some wine!!! It was sooooo good and no problems!! I also indulged with some doritos (drools) and again no problems!! I never thought the day would come.....it is possible to heal, please have hope all those who are suffering!!
Hope, Love and prayers to all!
newmom
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2009, 09:52

This is such a turn-around! You hardly sound like the same person and I am so happy you are doing so much better. How wonderful the next months will be as a family. You'll make up for the lost time you spent suffering.

Postby Corsi » 29 Jan 2009, 09:57

Must feel like a miracle Image a feeling few of us have had during this freaking fissure nightmare Image enjoy pooping Tamara Image poop for us!!!
newmom wrote: Well today is day 8 since surgery....my stitches seem like they are almost out/dissolved and things couldn't be better!!! I can't believe I actually look forward to pooping!! I just feel so damn good after, with absolutely no pain during the movement itself!! Oh but the itch has started....I had to jump in the tub last night around midnight but then it was gone and I slept great! :

Itch is good...that is if it is the healing itch Image
Do you have 1 year payed maternity leave in Canada? We have one year in Norway too, some countries have only a few weeks...
How is the climate where you live? in Canada?
Enjoy wine, doritos, etc. Tamara - you deserve it!!
Keep posting Image
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2009, 10:15

Image Image Image Image Image Image