I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2008, 06:47

Thanks Val that answered my question Image
Another question.....it seems like the days I have bleeding the spasms are not very bad at all? Does anyone know why that would be?
Tamara - I dont know the answer but i use to feel that way myself :roll:
Intresting you say the botox makes things worse - both shots ? - is it possibile that your last shot got lost somewhere in intersphincteric space and that is why you are not feeling any relife Image
Goodluck Tamara !

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2008, 09:27

I didn't get a lot of spams but they didn't seem necessarily associated with blood. Not sure why that is either.

Just hang in there, girl! I know you are totally miserable but you will pull through this. I found myself questioning what did I do to deserve this too. I would see others who seemed to be enjoying their families and happy and healthy on the outside but really who knows what they have been through and what they suffer with they we can't see. A friend of mine seemed to have it all to the point I was jealous of her! Turns out she has had MS all along but when she goes out she doesn't let on that anything is the matter. That made me realize that alot goes on behind closed doors we don't see. But I still think anal problems should be reserved for really, really, evil people only! :)

Postby cherylk » 22 Dec 2008, 09:44

One of my doctors recently told me that he really didn't think that most docs had experienced AF's. No wonder they seem to dismiss our complaints or seem to not be sympathetic at times. :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2008, 10:21

Too true Lecia Image

Postby Corsi » 18 Jan 2009, 09:22

Good luck with LIS on January 21rst Tamara Image
Hope you will be OK soon Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2009, 09:47

Goodluck Tamara :)

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2009, 10:05

Go, get em girl! You can do it!!! Image

Postby newmom » 18 Jan 2009, 11:05

Oh God....I wanna back out so badly...I'm terrified. I've slowly been improving over the last 3 weeks but I'm no where near healed...I had bleeding today but not much pain. The fear is consuming me....I'm not scared of the actual operation. Just the aftermath....
I don't know what else to say.....I'm so scared :(
newmom
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby cherylk » 18 Jan 2009, 11:15

I think the time right b/4 surgery is always somewhat stressful as we question our motives. I have often felt like that right b/4 my many surgeries. Most people who here who have had LIS are very glad they did it. Are you fearing pain in the aftermath?
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2009, 11:25

Its only natural to be thinking allsorts Tamara and that is it - F.E.A.R - False evidence appearing real ! It can take over our minds !
Think positive Tamara, LIS has a huge 96% success rate and it wont be as bad as you imagine - nothing ever is !
Be strong this is the next step to getting your life back !
Hugs to you Image