Hello!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello!

Postby KerrBear » 04 Mar 2009, 21:48

Wow! I am so happy to have found this website. I could really use some support about my nasty fissure!!! I am going for a second LIS next week and addition to that I am getting anoplasty where the create an advanced replacement flap over the fissure area. I am curious to see if anyone has had this done and exactly what I need to expect. Any comments??? Thanks! :D
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Hello!

Postby val » 05 Mar 2009, 02:20

Hi there, and welcome!
I'm booked in to have the anal flap advancement, but I've been waiting ages, so I dont know when it will be. Apparently its kinda like plastic surgery of the butt! I think they take skin from another part and attach it over the fissure. I haven't got much info - Fissy knows about it as she told me about it, so maybe she'll be along soon to explain it in detail.
Are you from UK?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Mar 2009, 06:29

I have only had the LIS so I can't speak much for the anal flap advancement, but Image to our little board -- hope it is of use for you and I also hope your surgery goes wells and get you back to 100%.
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 05 Mar 2009, 06:47

I just wanted to say welcome :paddysmiley1:
Cheryl--cannot relate to any of your procedures
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 05 Mar 2009, 07:35

Hi Kerrbear,
Welcome to the forum. You are not alone in having to have two LIS procedures. It seems to be more common than it used to be with doctors being more conservative with how deeply they cut into the muscle. I haven't had LIS or the flap surgery, but I have had 2 other anal surgeries so I understand the pain and difficulty of it all.
Feel free to read through the LIS threads on the surgery section if you haven't already. Again, welcome!!! Image

Postby Guest » 05 Mar 2009, 08:37

Welcome Kerrbear Image
I am sure you will find this forum very helpful !
I wish you all the best for your upcoming surgery next week - hopefully this will be the forever fix you need !

Postby juney » 05 Mar 2009, 14:08

how long have you had the fissure kerrbear? can you tell us some of your story? i always like to hear what other people have been thru to lead to multiple surgeries...
i've had 2 LIS surgeries and 1 fissurectomy within a year and a half of each other, and i'm still dealing with this pain and torture daily. i wont have another surgery at this point. but i'm curious to hear your story and offer any advice i can.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Thanks for the response!

Postby KerrBear » 06 Mar 2009, 18:25

My story began about 12 yeatrs ago when I had my 1st daughter. I can remember back that far having butt pain. I had her by c-section but I think it was the beginning. For 12 years it was on and off pain and always thought it was a hemm. but about 1 1/2 year ago I founf myself in so much pain that I would have to lay down after going to the bathroom. So I went to my reg. Dr. and she said it was a fissure. She said it was really big and she did not want to mess with it. So I was sent to a Colon/Rectal surgeon and he took one look and said, surgery soon because there were actually 2 fissures. So I had the first LIS and after about 6 months I began feeling pain again and denied it for as long as I could. Last month I went back to the surgeon and he ordered an anal manometry. The results showed that I had really high rectum pressure and said surgery was the only way to go again and said I needed the replacement flap. He said that it was the next step in this process to get rid of the fissures. He said it has great results. He did not give me much info on the recovery. I teach school so I took 3 weeks off. Hopefully that will be enough.
I was very upset when I got the fissure again and the dr. reassured me that some people just have high pressure and no matter how well you take care of your body it will happen. I am really into eating healthy and taking care of myself so it was upsetting. I did quit the gym and will take up yoga fulltime after I heal. So I go in March 11 for surgery #2. Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2009, 08:43

Wow surgery is just around the corner for you !
So sad to read how long you have suffered Image
Sounds like you have a very competent surgeon there Image
I hope your surgery is 100% the forever fix that you need...
How long ago was your first LIS ? Do you suffer spasms now ?

Hey

Postby KerrBear » 07 Mar 2009, 11:15

It has been exactly 1 year since my last LIS. Lately I have been having really bad spasms and pain. The creams really do not help. I am on my feet alot teaching school and I have 3 kids so I never really rest. So I guess I am used to the spasms. My doctor said an average persons pressure in the rectum is 10% and mine was 60%! Hopefully this surgery will do the trick :D He told me to stop running and lifting weights forever. So that is why I think yoga will be the best choice of exercise. Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather