Hi I can't believe I found a forum board for butt pain!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi I can't believe I found a forum board for butt pain!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Apr 2009, 06:48

Cheryl, all the non-surgical conservative methods tend to drop down below 67% and lower, depending on which source you are reading.
Whyme, LIS involves a cut on the internal sphincter that forces it to loosen up and stop the spasming, allowing blood to flow more freely to the fissure site and this allows for healing. It's the surgery I had, which finally ended my ordeal!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2009, 08:34

Isnt this board amazing Wyme ! Image
Welcome to our little board Image
I am so sorry to hear about your longstanding fissure , such a long time..
Your symptoms sound just awful, the spasms are the worst Image chronic fissures have a such a hard time healing that and a very tight sphincter the viscous circle just goes on and on…
Surgery consists of LIS , Fissurectomy, anal dliation , botox and the creams, the latter having that lower healing rate and LIS being the gold standard treatment for anal fissures - 96%
I am with Kim here - prolonged cortisone use can thin the skin that and fissures is not ideal scenaorio !
I am sure this board will help you find your way..
Buttectomy Image That is so funny Whyme !
A good sense of humour goes a long way ! Image

Postby Corsi » 03 Apr 2009, 11:43

whyme wrote: Went to look a pics of fissures, shouldn't have been eating lunch during that slideshow!
Image I googled pictures of anal fissure once, and I have to say it was disgusting...I almost puked. I don't know how surgeons can eat...
Tabby, I think we should say assorectomy, the new cure for fissures! 100% cure rate!
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby whyme » 03 Apr 2009, 11:52

:D :D :D
You guys are so funny. This subject is not something you can just discuss with anyone! I mean I can joke with my sisters about being a tight ass.
Has anyone tried any acupuncture for this situation? I am one for alternative medicines and treatments. Surgery sounds scary and me being a massage therapist, how long would I be out of work. I do a lot of upper body work and I am sitting for 90min at a time.
I have been really bad about not drinking adequate water amounts. So I have consumed at least 60 ozs so far today. I read that in Traditional Chinese Medicine that I have too much heat from the stomach, spleen and pancreas and that causes issues with the intestines. I learned that acupuncture involves one needle at GV1 which is between the coccyx and the anus. Image
Not sure I want my chiropractor Dr who I share office space with to insert a needle there. I mean we are friends, buttttt (no pun intended) we aren't that close!
whyme
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby juney » 03 Apr 2009, 12:17

i've just started acupuncture and it's very relaxing..can't really say how it will help the problem cuz i've only been twice so far. i'm really enjoying it and benefiting from it mentally so far at least. also, i've had fissure and been in pretty constant pain for almost 3 years and have had 3 surgeries so our situations are really different. in any case though, i'm sure you could benefit from it mentally too!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2009, 18:32

Welcome Whyme! There are so trigger points that can help relax the pelvic floor but I don't know where they are. I have used acupuncture as well and found it helpful for pain.
You mention spasms and something to think about trying is flexeril or a small dose of valium. Also sitting in epsom salt bath can help or using a heating pad. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Postby whyme » 03 Apr 2009, 19:20

I found on the internet and after discussing this with my friend who does acupuncture. You have 3 points that needles are inserted for up to 30 minutes at a time
GV1 LI 11 BL25
I am not sure I want a needle inserted at GV1, that is between the coccyx and the anus.
I did have her do the electro-acupuncture for stress, she hit the spots on the right back side of my head. I really noticed a big difference within an hour. My sphincter relaxed and the spasms stopped. Image
whyme
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2009, 20:37

I would go for it. I have had accupuncture close to my anus-I dont know the meridians or spots but it did seem to help with the pain. It was the electro-acupuncture. He also injected some cocktail around the area-I know it had traumeel and some new nerve pain homeopathic drug but I don't know the name of it.

Postby val » 04 Apr 2009, 11:55

Hi there,welcome Whyme,
I think once you get spasms, it means that the sphincter is too tight and only the LIS will cure it permanently - although the creams are very good and do relax it a lot. The LIS is SUCH a relief for the tightass feeling!
I have a discbulge at L4 L5 and have problems with my leg, so maybe thats whats causing your leg pain?
Sitting on your bum for 90 minutes at a time isnt going to help it much!I bought a cushion with holes cut in it which made sitting more comfy and had a hot water bottle stuck to my bum permanently!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby whyme » 15 Apr 2009, 06:46

Doc says the pelvic floor muscles have dropped and that caused the fissure. Mine has healed up nicely for now.
Diet changed, added Metemucil Clear to my water, I drink 60-80ozs of water EVERYDAY, eat a yogurt with probiotics each day. Avoiding sugars for the most part.
Also starting taking the Miralax everyday also, not sure I like drinking polygleconol ??? sounds to chemically for me.
Plus it makes my tummy rumble big time. Hard to do massage on my clients when the sounds are churning in my stomach! Image I've had to apologize to a couple of clients because of the noise, told them I should've eaten breakfast.
Had to call my daughter and told her she owed me for childbirth~!!!! She said, "TMI mom" Image
whyme
Fibre Addict