Going back to CRS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Going back to CRS

Postby small_flower » 02 Jun 2009, 05:09

Well folks,
I am pretty sure that I have developed another fissure. This time, instead of being at 9 o clock, like my old one was, this one is at around 5 o clock. So this time, I am going back to my CRS sooner rather than later (though I admit, I have been avoiding it a little) to see how bad it is and hopefully I will be able to get some sort of treatment besides surgery for it. I just hope it isn't too bad yet. :(
I haven't called to make the appointment yet, but I hope that I can get in soon. School makes it very hard to get to doctors appointments in general because we are not out until 3:15 or so. But this is important so I am going to do my best to try and get there, even if it means taking off early, which I have done a couple of times already.
Wish me luck,
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Going back to CRS

Postby Corsi » 02 Jun 2009, 09:16

How are you? How much pain are you in? How are you able to work and have a life with this fissure being alive?
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2009, 10:16

The sooner it's caught the better -- hopefully it's *not* a fissure!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2009, 14:26

Good luck, Kate, and let us know what you learn after your appointment!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby small_flower » 02 Jun 2009, 14:38

Hey everyone,
At the moment, this fissure hasn't really affected my life too much. Sometimes i'll feel it if I bend a certain way, or of course when I go to the bathroom, but other than that it is okay. It just keeps cropping up, and I don't want to let it go and give it the opportunity to become chronic.
After calling at least 5-6 times this morning, I finally managed to get an appointment next wednesday and 3:20. I will be seeing the dr. who did my surgery, and he is very nice and gentle, so at least I won't have to worry about a painful exam.
In the meantime, I think I am going to try MOM, instead of regular Magnesium Glycinate because I've noticed that the latter doesn't prevent that first part of the BM from being hard, and that is the problem. So, hopefully there is cherry flavored or something to make it more pleasant.
I'll keep everyone updated on what I find out.
xo,
Kate
kat
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 03 Jun 2009, 13:43

Sorry to hear this small flower..
How long ago did you have the surgery ?? Is it full on spasms/tightness/bleeding ??
It's good you can see the CRS who did the surgery Image
Have you tried miralax it keeps things very soft ! Also benifibre is fantastic stuff makes BMs super soft ! :)
Goodluck !

Postby small_flower » 03 Jun 2009, 13:52

I had my surgery in february 2007. There have been a few, very small, spasms that came and went quickly. But, all I have really concerned about is bleeding, and there has been a little bit.
I have been taking fiber sure, which has more fiber per serving in it. Last night I took TOO MUCH MOM, and had a really awful morning this morning, so I am going to have to cut down the dose if I try it again.
Right now, my bum is just sore, not in one particular spot. Maybe that is what you are calling "tightness" so... its off to the tub I go.
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 03 Jun 2009, 14:03

Oh Kate !
I am sorry to hear that Image
I like that fibre sure is packed with fibre like that and also a prebiotic Image
How much fibresure do you take ?

Postby small_flower » 03 Jun 2009, 14:46

I take 1-2 servings per day, which means about 5 or 10 grams of fiber. I usually take it in room temperature juice, or I take it in hot liquids like tea or spaghetti sauce. I also eat the fiber one apple cinnamon muffins which are very tasty and have 5 grams per serving. They are super easy to make and a good quick breakfast for me.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 03 Jun 2009, 15:03

Kate,
I love your avatar!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46