Fed up Newbie, Help!!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fed up Newbie, Help!!!!

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2009, 07:12

Hey India Image
I say insist on second opion too !
I am from the UK and I had LIS , Botox and used the cream - Anoheal/diltiazem in the UK, the latter two just masked my problems - tightness ..
Period times were my worst time too I would feel just about Ok and then whambam period time and a setback would occur, I was back to square one , I do realte..
I too had forceps and epitosomy 12 years ago and there was no problem for me to have LIS but then I did not have nerve damage :roll:
You need to have a proper diagnoses of Proctalgia Fugax / Levator ani syndrome if that is what you think could be the problem, I think we have all thought that at some point !
Valuim will help with spasms also - valerian supplement is au natural to try :)
How long have you been using the cream India ??

Postby India » 22 Jun 2009, 10:17

Never tried Tai chi but hey i'll try anything so thanks for that summary in advance. I am pretty sure tabby that ive got Proctalgia Fugax as i have all the symptoms also how did LIS work 4 u? did u have it done on the NHS, ive been using the cream since nov 07 on off.
By the way where would i get valerian supplement from dont think my doc will prescribe valium.
These forums are great as u get more info here than u do at the doctors,
India
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby pinky » 22 Jun 2009, 10:18

Hello India,
Welcome to the board.even i feel you should have a second opinion and try to know what exactly the problem is.I had forceps delivery 18months back and had LIS.It is very frustrating in the UK as they dont give much importance to anything other than life threatening emergencies.Have u tried magnesuim supplements?havent tried valium but it should help too with relaxing the muscles.
Do think about getting a second opinion.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby India » 22 Jun 2009, 10:40

Hi pinky, how did LIS go for you? and also did u have it done on the NHS, when u say magnesuim supplements do u mean MOM as i have that everyday.
I think my butt prob started the same time as the start of a bad situation in my personal life, as ive neva been constipated, dont suffer from diarrhea, always eaten healthy, drank loads of water, occasional drink here and there, poo regular so im guessing its stress thats brought the pain in the arse,
India
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2009, 12:23

India, Valerian (root) is an herb...you can find it anywhere you find a good vitamin/supplement shop or drugstore...
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 22 Jun 2009, 18:23

along with valerian root, there is passion flower.
magnesium supplements also help relax the muscles. you just have to take them a few days to get them to work into your system.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2009, 06:31

I did have LIS through the NHS, But no pressure test !! Did you Pinky ??
India, my LIS has been the best thing to happen to me, I suffered 2 years so to have LIS was such a relief, It has been 5 months since LIS and I feel the best I have in a long while …KOW
You have been using the cream for a very long time obviously it is not helping right ?
I think you definitely need to look into a second opinion, you need a diagnoses of some sort so you can work you way through this and get the medical attention you need, Don’t take any crap either the NHS is a battle, hold your own and be persistent !
Good luck :)

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2009, 07:08

what magnesium and how much do you take? I take 250 mgs of a Nature's Own brand and most of the time does the trick but not all...

Postby happyass » 23 Jun 2009, 20:16

i think you can take up to 2 to 3 times the daily recommended allowance. i know some of us here were doing 400-600 mg per day, if not a little more.
as an alternative to taking magnesium, i would recommend adding wakame or kombu or hiziki (seaweeds) to soups or salads to provide you with some natural goodness too.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby India » 24 Jun 2009, 04:00

thanx for advice, havent tried magnesium but ive ordered some valerian root liquid extract from holland and barrett hope that works. I just feel the longer i leave this the worst its getting, the doctor did suggest more botox, but honestly it didnt do anything for me, ive been struggling to poo this last week, it just wont open up Image
has any1 even been healed after 2 years of suffering with this.
If the NHS is relunctant to preform the surgery then i dont know where else i could have it done, i have an appointment end of July with CRS, defo going to tell them im going for a 2nd opinion.
India
Fibre Addict