Fed up Newbie, Help!!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fed up Newbie, Help!!!!

Postby India » 21 Jun 2009, 05:59

Hi every1 ive tried just about everything to heal me and now i dont know wat to do as the doctors have said no to LIS, heres my story sorry if i go on a bit but i hope someone can give me some advice as sometimes i think death would be an easy option than this constant pain.
My story started two years ago. i was going through a difficult patch in my personal life and i started getting pain and blood in rear end, then it would clear up in a week and then back like every 6-8 weeks later. Anyway went to see a consultant who didnt even botha to check but gave me anoheal as the symptoms were of a fissure. This went on for some time until he eventually refered me to a CRS who on examination said that i didnt have a fissure but a polyp that needed removing. Anyway under anthesetic they removed the polyp and found 2 internal piles which they banded, (didnt even know i had piles) but said they found no fissure. 6 weeks later back in hospital with lots of pain and little blood, they said it was a fissure and sent me packing again with anoheal. This went on until Sept las year and they said we should try botox and a EUA anyway from that all they found was a tight anal passage but no fissure, (i must have one of those fissures that splits and heals really quickly) by the way after the procedure i was in so much pain for 5 days dont know if it was the EUA or the botox. Anyway botox did nothing for me and i carried on, Everytime i go for a check up at the hospital they say they cant see or feel a fissure. Anyway finally the doctor suggested LIS but said as i had forceps and a cut in my first pregnancy 18 years ago they suggested i go for a pressure check and have a camera up my rear end to check if it will be ok for op. Anyway the conclusion was that there is damage to the muscle so to cut it would mean, nappies for the rest of my life, the only thing that they could find was overactive butt muscle. Im in constant pain and hate poo times, ive also discovered by my self that i have Proctalgia Fugax i have all the symptoms for this and maybe Levator ani syndrome this could be why im getting these splits, any suggestions would be welcome!!!!! Im seriously thinking of getting a second opinion as at the moment i struggle to poo (sorry for being to open) as the spasms wont allow it, so how could i end up in nappies if they just cut it a little??
India
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Fed up Newbie, Help!!!!

Postby Corsi » 21 Jun 2009, 06:14

Get a second opinion!
This one is difficult since you have birth damages, have you tried a forum for those things?
Nappies...have you considered a colostomy bag? I think we all dream about that option when BMs are painful and
Good luck!
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby India » 21 Jun 2009, 07:01

Hi, thanx corsi i need all the luck i can get at moment, i didnt know there was a forum for that, do u know of any, i forgot to mention i tend to get more butt tightness and pain during a period and usually mid cycle does that happen to any1, I was told at my last appointment at the doctors that i mite have to live with it. Image
India
Fibre Addict

Postby happyass » 21 Jun 2009, 07:22

i am sorry india that you are having a lot of challenges with trying to alleviate and find a solution to rid your anal pain once and for all.
are you taking anything else for muscle relaxation? magnesium supplements, epsom salt baths, reducing your stress levels with yoga, meditation, etc., adding an antidepressant to your regimen (although this may initially cause constipation).
although your post doesn't mention anything about your diet, can you please elaborate on that? since macrobiotics is a bit more mainstream in the UK (see macrobiotics.co.uk website), there may be some alleviation of your other symptoms by trying a macrobiotic diet. it isn't an overnight cure, but one that will help you out over a couple of months while your body readjusts.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Jun 2009, 07:32

Happy is onto something, all his suggestions for treating stress I second!
Now, when you say damage to the "muscles" I am assuming you mean your sphincter. If you have damage there, or somewhere close by, then that makes sense that you would be extremely tight and having spasms and the cause might not be a fissure but the damaged areas.
I see no reason why you couldn't try nefedipine or diltiazem cream which should loosen things up down there....some people find it works very well. I could tell a big difference when I was using it.
If indeed your pain and problems are the result of the "damaged" areas and LIS is not an option then you are going to need a different approach and I like the idea of a second opinion. Somehow you will need to get loosened up down there.
Anal dilation is a somewhat discarded treatment for AF as it is not generally effective but it is something you might want to bring up with your CRS as botox didn't help.
Good luck and don't despair, India. Know that we all here on this board have been through that hell and will diligence and determination you too can find a way to heal..
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 21 Jun 2009, 07:49

India wrote:Hi, thanx corsi i need all the luck i can get at moment, i didnt know there was a forum for that, do u know of any, i forgot to mention i tend to get more butt tightness and pain during a period and usually mid cycle does that happen to any1, I was told at my last appointment at the doctors that i mite have to live with it. Image
Oh yes, it does!! I have big problems during periods and ovulation even now after LIS!! I hate it, but I really don't like anyting BM/butt/colon/digestion related anymore... :)
About the forum, I found it once but I don't know the address...try to google it.
I agree about the stress thing mentioned by Happy and Kim, but it is so much easier said than done.
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby India » 22 Jun 2009, 04:44

Thanx Happy and kim for support, I am using diltiazem cream but have no idea what nefedipine is where would i get it from? I did ask about anal dilation but was told by the doctor that it was now an illegal procedure. What these doctors dont realise is that becoz of the tight ass im constantly getting splits and they bloody hurt!!! I hate to sound like a baby but ive had two children one with a cut and forceps and the other a complete natural birth but i can do with gas and air every morning tryin to deliver a poo ( you've got to laugh or u wud cry)
I will look into microbiotics Happy thanx for website, my diet is the usual for us fissure sufferers plenty of fibre, lots of water, fruit, veg, wholewheat, fibre sure 3 times a day, albran in the morning i used to drink a pint of milk which i no longer do, lots of veg, salad never really liked red meat, dont mind the odd bacon sanger, i also take a tsp and half of MOM every evening.
What else could i do for muscle relaxing, i meditate every morning, have fininshed reiki master 2 so i give myself plenty of self healing, massages, chiropractic help, reflexology, have stop the baths as they were giving me a bad back,
I have cut down on stress levels belive me ive has the worst two years of my life and im not just talking about the pain in the arse.
My Aunt currently had laser treatment for her fissure and she cant sneeze without pooping herself now. I just dont know what else i can do,
Thnx again guys for help
India
Fibre Addict

Postby India » 22 Jun 2009, 04:47

by the way just wondering do u guys think that valium would help
India
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 22 Jun 2009, 05:08

Tai Chi also helps with relaxation and breathing. I just completed a class on biofeedback/pelvic floor retraining which teaches one to really think about relaxing the muscle at all times. I'll post a summary about it later.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2009, 05:36

Nefedipine or diltiazem are Blood pressure medicines that are compounded into a cream, applied tot he anal area and they help loosen things up. They may go by a different name in the UK. I would ask about it!
You aunt's experience with fissure surgery appears to be the exception, rather than the rule. Incontinence is actually a very rare outcome.
Deleted User 5