Too much GTN??? Help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Too much GTN??? Help

Postby Peachy724 » 25 Jul 2009, 07:31

I was just wondering if there is such a thing as putting on too much Glyceral Trinitrate cream, after the Botox I am that terrified the intense pain will start I am putting a little on and inside EVERY time I go to the bathroom, even just for a pee. And can anyone tell me if it's normal to sting inside after applying it , I get an intense stinging when I put it inside but it only lasts a minute then goes.
Also I have been very on edge since yesterday, stupidly ate chicken with some spices last night and have been to the loo 6 times since yesterday, the Botox may be working as not much pain but as I said I am constantly sticking the cream on but last time I went there was a few spots of blood which I have never experienced before and I'm frightened
as if it's the fissure should I not be in alot of pain right now??!! Please advise anyone, I'm getting myself so worked up and can't think about anything else which is making it worse I think, my tummy is in knots and feel so anxious like I need the loo all the time!
Thanks xxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Too much GTN??? Help

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Jul 2009, 08:41

I think you may not want to overdo the nitro *too* much but I never used it. It is pretty strong stuff! Maybe not use it too much beyond what the prescription states?
I wouldn't let the few spots of blood worry me too much. Bleeding is normal with AF, and sooner or later it was bound to happen. As long as everything else is "normal" I would not sweat that at all. Besides, having to "go" so many times has probably just stressed your fissure. Good thing the botox may be kicking in a little! Watch those spices! Sounds like you are having some potent digestive/stomach upset!
No, the bleeding does not always equal pain, there is no rhyme or reason sometimes why a fissure acts like it does!
Try not to get too worked up, relax and distract yourself as much as possible until your tummy settles down.
Deleted User 5

Re: Too much GTN??? Help

Postby Peachy724 » 25 Jul 2009, 09:54

Thanks Kim, I am trying to distract myself but not much luck, just counting the hours till I can go to bed and try and sleep :)
Forgot to add the GTN is like the Diltiazem ( calcium channel blocker) except without the headaches and dizziness but to be honest I find the GTN better but I alternate, GP says it's fine to do that. I gotto use them for 6 weeks after the Botox too, makes me wonder how effective they even think the Botox is !? Or maybe just an extra precaution ?? At Ј150 a tube on NHS ( and I have 5! Lol) , a pretty pricey precaution!
Xxxxx
Last edited by Peachy724 on 25 Jul 2009, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot to add
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12