My soft poop diet regimen

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: My soft poop diet regimen

Postby derryboy » 20 Sep 2009, 06:26

lol at NG and his postings, so funny they are, make me smile, me thinks to much valium NG. or you smoking the exotic ciggys...... bonggggggggggggggggg lmao.
yeah but your postings are kool.
but very true you do start looking a very quick look at your poop... lmao....
imagine alll of us meeting up,,, the convo,
welll mines was this colour, this length, etc etc hahaha, we`d be arrested for being high and drunk. the way we`d be talking....lol.... locked up in a cell,..... everyone looking at eachothers poops hahaha,,,,,, who had the best one... hahaha, this board gets mad by the minute
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby derryboy » 20 Sep 2009, 06:27

lol at NG and his postings, so funny they are, make me smile, me thinks to much valium NG. or you smoking the exotic ciggys...... bonggggggggggggggggg lmao.
yeah but your postings are kool.
but very true you do start looking a very quick look at your poop... lmao....
imagine alll of us meeting up,,, the convo,
welll mines was this colour, this length, etc etc hahaha, we`d be arrested for being high and drunk. the way we`d be talking....lol.... locked up in a cell,..... everyone looking at eachothers poops hahaha,,,,,, who had the best one... hahaha, this board gets mad by the minute
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Peachy724 » 23 Sep 2009, 12:54

Imsick of the sight of poo and the bloody lav, if i never see another bathroom again it'll be too soon. Well i just went to pick up Jaz earlier and after dropping her went straight to Mossisons and got the Fibersure, it was only under Ј4 so i just had a heaped tsp in flavoured water and no taste at all, i hope it stops the pain and other effects of movical, can anyne tell me if 1 tsp a day is enough???
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Marvin » 14 Jan 2010, 10:59

NG,
So am I understanding you correctly? You eat the FiberOne with water in it (like you would with milk)? Or do you just eat it like a snack, and drink the water?
Marvin
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Jan 2010, 15:35

Hey Marvin, I don't drink milk so I just eat the cereal right out of the box by the handful. Lately I've been eating Fiber One bars a lot more than cereal, though, as it's faster to eat and fits into my workday better.
But yeah months later I'm still on pretty much the same diet. To help prevent further weight loss I've worked in a lot of chocolate bars (which doesn't seem to adversely affect my poop consistency) though. And I've allowed myself to eat stuff like Taco Bell, small amounts of Chinese food, potato chips, popcorn, sandwiches, and other tasty things on rare occasion. But 90% of the time it's still Fiber One, sushi, and veggie soup with boiled chicken. I still have some bad days, and the fissure isn't fully resolved, but that diet combined with Miralax daily does seem to allow me to have more tolerable days than not.
If you're still trying to get the pain to a manageable level I'd say you can't go wrong with veggie soup, Fiber one bars or cereal, and Miralax for a week or so to see if you get any relief. If you need meat in it chicken and fish and other seafoods have been good for me. Beef is the one thing that's a major no-no personally.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 14 Jan 2010, 15:39

NG,
I'd be happy to send you some extra weight that I am trying to lose. :roll: Try drinking shakes, eat turtle sundaes from Culvers, and chocolate--that is what seemed to have put these extra pounds onto me.
Hard for me to ever believe that I was skinny, but I was!! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Jan 2010, 15:49

Hey Cheryl, yup I think massive chocolate intake is helping my weight situation some. I've been eating 2-3 Snicker's bars, 2-3 packs of Reese's peanut butter cups, and some truffles every day for the last month or two and don't seem to be dropping any more weight lately. My main concern for chocolate binging is diabetes or coronary artery disease in the long term, but I had my lipids checked and also had a 3-hour glucose test done just last month, and both are perfectly fine, so I guess I've still got time to spare, hence full speed ahead on the chocolate Image
I've also found that popcorn is a relatively high fiber snack and doesn't mess with my poops too much so long as I chew it thoroughly so there's no rough edges sticking out when it makes its exit.
And last week was the holy grail: I went to McDonald's, got myself a Value Meal, gulped it down and then drank Miralax with copious water and it actually turned out largely okay! Man that was the most delicious thing I've eaten in months :) If nothing terrible happens between now and February, I think I'm going to try mustering up the courage to tackle the next holy grail, alcohol, at that time -- wish me luck!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 14 Jan 2010, 16:46

Well, I'm not a big fan of candy bars!!! I am eating dark chocolate filled with whiskey centers right now and it is to die for! You don't want to get high cholesterol or something. Maybe you could switch to milkshakes or something. How about trying french fries b/4 your big move to alcohol?? Lastly, Culver's turtle sundaes are about as good as whiskey filled dark chocolates, but not quite. Good luck!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Jan 2010, 16:52

Actually I had a small pack of french fries and it seemed to go okay. I might see if that experiment gives reproducible results in the near future though :)
I've never heard of Culver's -- it may not be something we have here on the west coast...
I'm with you on the dark chocolate with whiskey centers though. I LOVE dark chocolate and am eating up fortune in truffles. But yummmm good idea about the alcohol center ones. Guess I know what I'm picking up on the way home from work!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby sidra1968 » 14 Jan 2010, 20:24

Hi everyone..and hey NG and Cheryl! Hope you are all doing ok..I'm still the same. Going to the Illini b-ball games and taking my Miralax. Working a lot.
NG, your Tigers kicked our butts last month, worst game of our season by far. Also, watched your guys last Saturday - great game!
I just yesterday booked my next exotic trip..wait for it NG..CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave April 15th and stay thru the 28th..I'll get you the details later. I'm SO pumped! I went to the Asian Market today just to get more excited - I could barely contain myself (wish I could bottle that feeling).
Anyway, glad to see the board is still active. Hope you guys are feeling OK and that everything else is alright, too.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12