My soft poop diet regimen

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: My soft poop diet regimen

Postby cherylk » 31 Aug 2009, 07:05

Yes, NG. Firstly, I decided my fissure might be better if I ate less--wrong. Then I decided to stop eating processed foods--all desserts, crackers, everything good Image . I dreaded meal times because I didn't know what to eat and feared wheat might be a culprit. I didn't try to lose weight, but the pounds just drifted away and I became too thin and didn't look good or well. If you are eating well, I cannot understand why you are losing weight. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2009, 07:48

Well aren’t we are the wise ones ! :D
Interesting how you stopped the smokes NG but also how you started again after such a long time, I know others who have been in a similar situation too ! Crazy right ! Nicotine addiction is wild that first week was scary ! I went cold turkey too, that and werthers original got me through it ! Now I have no teeth Image
I am glad you find encouragement from my post , please do NG ! I suffered a long time and never ever ever thought I would go a bike again !
Shows it is possible right !?
Gosh ! September is soo round the corner, how excited you both must be right now !
BABY-ICON HERE !
How are you today NG ??

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2009, 07:54

Hey Tabby, Kim and NG!

Yes the fibersure does not add any bulk. I was in citracel and it did add bulk :(

I found more tips from my primary care physican than any CRS!!! I guess it helped he suffered from a fissure too. He told me fibersure is the absolute best stool softner and since it is isn't a chemical, you can always take it. He said soft stool is the primary healer in fissures but since it is so hard to get that consistently, that's how most people take so long to heal.

I want to start riding a bike too....but will be happy with my walks for now. I wish you were here Tabby so we could walk together! Kim, you too (unless you pooped out on us, haha)!

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 31 Aug 2009, 10:16

Good morning guys!
Cheryl, yeah I'm unsure about the reason for the weight loss too. I think at least some of it must be diet related. My regime of veggie soup, fish, soy beans, and cereal right now keeps my stools in check (for the most part) anyway, but certainly isn't balanced. It's like a good pyramid with two layers that's been blown over by the wind :) The only question is whether diet explains all of it. I'm about to down my first Ensure (yay chocolate "shake" for breakfast!) and see what happens.
Tabby, we're definitely super excited!!! We had our childbirth class this weekend so the upcoming event feels more "real" than ever now. We have our bags packed for when the time arrives and are ready to rock 'n roll! My wife has her last ultrasound and OBGYN appointment this week, so they may schedule a C-section date at that time (one baby is breech and doesn't look like he'll change positions before he comes out). Yeah your post definitely gave me a little bit of hope. I madly in love with snowboarding, have gotten in 25-35 trips each of the last 6 seasons (the mountains are about a 4 hour drive away) and would love to at least make it up there a few times this year. But if it risks the fissure showing up again then no way. But I guess I might be busy with the kids anyhow :) I'm okay today so far, pretty tired though as it's 9 AM and I usually don't get up this early for work. Yes, I am a lazy tech worker who usually waltzes in around 11 AM... Trying to change to better habits though.
Tracy, I saw some FiberSure when I was at the store yesterday, it's pretty inexpensive so I'm going to grab a bottle sometime I think. I believe your physician if he's had a fissure himself. Gives him big time credibility with me. Right now the Miralax is making my poos nice and soft but I also don't want to take it forever. If and once I feel confident enough to lower the doses of Miralax I'm going to look at FiberSure as maybe something to continue on for the longer term (assuming my current trajectory leads to some kind of recovery of course). Thanks for the tip! Might give those boca burgers a try tonight, too, I had some spam this weekend (confession time: I'm a huge spam fan) and the poos didn't attack me too bad, so now I've got dreams of burgers dancing through my head.
Have a nice week everyone, it's cold here in California, feels like freakin winter for some reason. Time to head out for work, but would I rather be back in my nice warm bed sleeping for another, oh say, 7-8 hours!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Aug 2009, 14:40

Hey Chen, baby smilies were added today on your behalf!
Deleted User 5

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 31 Aug 2009, 15:17

Kim wrote:Hey Chen, baby smilies were added today on your behalf!

Haha NICE Kim! Image Image Image These things are cute, I'll be using them in the next 3-4 weeks now!
Drank some Ensure today btw, making me angel gas a lot so far (closed my office door and bless the soul who next opens it -- think the movie Backdraft!) and I seem energized, hope that's a positive sign!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Peachy724 » 01 Sep 2009, 12:50

i find as long as i take three sachets of movical then im okay with what i eat but mind you i don't eat any fatty fried food, or junk food, no crisps, chocolate, cake or anything fattening passes my lips due to my ED so i suppose thats one good thing it does for me.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Forgot to add NG, you better be careful with the weightloss, the weaker you are the less capable your immune system will be and the lesser the likelyhood of healing, i think thats part of my fissures problem. xxxxxxxx Image
Last edited by Peachy724 on 01 Sep 2009, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot to add a note for NG x
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Sep 2009, 12:56

Yep I'm a Miralax / Movicol junkie myself. Do you know about how many grams three sachets comes out too? Just curious. I take a full dose (17 grams a day) myself and it does help soften up the poops a lot.
I also have not eaten anything fatty since my fissure adventure started. It's pretty hard though because I was a big fast food and junk food fan before. But when my will starts to weaken I think back about those supremely painful bloody BMs I had only a month ago and that keeps my willpower in control!
BTW what is ED? Is it eating disorder? Just wondering, because usually when I hear the term it refers to erectile dysfunction which I'm sure is not the case here :)
I hope this Miralax / Movicol is okay to take for the long term too. I've been on it for about 2 months so far, and now that others have taken it for far longer, but would like to one day (probably far in the future, mind you) be able to get off it altogether.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Sep 2009, 13:01

Peachy724 wrote:Forgot to add NG, you better be careful with the weightloss, the weaker you are the less capable your immune system will be and the lesser the likelyhood of healing, i think thats part of my fissures problem. xxxxxxxx Image

Yep, I'm right there with ya. Before my fissure attacked I was 5'8" (about 172 cm) and weighed around 140 pounds (about 63 kg). Now I'm at 117 pounds (about 53 kg). That's way too low for my height so now I'm trying to find ways to put on some weight or at least stop from losing more. I just started drinking two protein shakes a day yesterday and working a bit more meat into my diet (mostly boiled chicken) so hopefully that helps. The body does need nutrients to heal itself, it's just finding that balance that's so tricky!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Sep 2009, 14:04

Yep, that is way too low. Your body is taking nutrients your arse needs and shuffling them to other places...and your bones are gonna take a huge hit, too, if you atay underweight too long! So don't forget the Ensure, I drink the butter pecan everyday, it is dee-lish!!
Deleted User 5