Tears after LIS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Tears after LIS

Postby suzyljank » 11 Sep 2009, 06:59

Hi, I was just at the CRS and the digital exam was so painful. He said I have a little tear and I don't think his exam helped. I had LIS almost a year ago so the tear doesn't bother me like before. I have a narrowing and he said even after LIS I would probably get small tears from time to time because I have scar tissue from a previous surgery. He suggested a sliding flap anoplasty to widen the butt hole and make it easier to have a bm. I do pretty good on the miralax and benefiber but once in a while I still have a little bigger bm and I think that's where I get into trouble. I'm taking care of myself with sitz baths and all the same things I used when I had that monster of a fissure. The LIS did heal that. Does anyone else get small tears even after LIS and do they take long to heal. Suzy Image
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Tears after LIS

Postby Corsi » 12 Sep 2009, 03:20

I had LIS in February and I have ripped a few times and they have healed.
Do you trust your CRS? If so, maybe you should go on with what he suggests?
Corsi Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Sep 2009, 07:31

Tracy tore a few times after her LIS...as have several other boardies in the past.
The dynamics of why one gets a fissure or other "tear" really doesn't change because of LIS -- so tears can be as common before as after the surgery. LIS simply (generally) sets up an environment where healing can happen more readily. Which is good even if subsequent tears happen.
But no tear is a good tear, right??!!
Deleted User 5

Postby pinky » 12 Sep 2009, 13:02

I dont know if ive tore after LIS.i did have setbacks but not sure if tore.we have to be careful with the bms but its not always possible to have the perfect poop.are you thinking of anoplasty?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby suzyljank » 12 Sep 2009, 19:46

Yes, my CRS says he would do it on just one side to make the opening more stretchable. I have scar tissue that doesn't stretch much and that's part of why I tend to get tears. Not sure I want to go through that though. After having LIS I seem to sometimes get little tears but it seems different then before. I'm just tired of pain so I don't know if I want to go through more. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Sep 2009, 08:29

I know you have to be tired of the pain, Suzy! Just tell yourself this is what you have to do to perhaps end the pain. Of course there is no schedule, you can always do it when you are ready, right? If there's a chance your anal canal can be improved upon now and stop the tearing, that's a great start.
Deleted User 5

Postby suzyljank » 14 Sep 2009, 11:33

It's a big decision. For now I'd like to manage with the benefiber and miralax. Many in this group suffer small tears even after LIS and not everyone goes in for flap advancement surgery so I have a lot to think about. I think the worst for me was when the CRS had to do a digital exam. He said I had a minor tear but I don't know if I had it before or after the exam. It seems to be feeling better, so I have my fingers crossed it will heal quickly since I already had LIS. I've had hemmie surgery years ago that caused scar tissue and I have some pelvic floor problems so surgery is not something I want to jump into. I know I sound like a big baby but I have to really think this through. Thank you for your kind words and support, you'll never know how much it is appreciated. Suzy
suzyljank