Hello!...AF sufferer hoping to avoid surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello!...AF sufferer hoping to avoid surgery

Postby William » 08 Feb 2010, 20:42

Well, I think I'm on the path to being healed now. Ever since I started taking the nitro about a month ago, things have been really good. Although the nitro ointment caused an external hemmorhoid, that seems to be finally subsiding since I started only using the nitro before BMs. Plus, I've had really nice and soft BMs lately.
I'm thinking now that my fissure may have actually healed a couple of months ago. The main problem that I've been having since November has been major inflammation (or sphincter tightness?) that has made it difficult to tell whether I had a fissure or not since the pain was similar. I would have a difficult time having BMs, with pain and sometimes blood involved, but it has been a while since I've had the many-hour after-BM pain that I had when I first got the fissure. I'm still not sure what was going on. It all started after I finished my 6-week analpram course and took Miralax for a couple of weeks. It caused major anal leakage and whatever else was wrong. I've been chalking it up to internal hemmorhoids, but now I'm not so sure. The Canasa didn't do much, but the nitro made a big difference even after the first application.
It's nice to be able to function close to normal again.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17