AF and Work Life Balance

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF and Work Life Balance

Postby sitz-a-lot » 15 Nov 2009, 15:06

Hi,
I've only been dealing with the chronic anal pain for about 6 weeks now- though it seems a lifetime... I was really looking forward to surgery last week to give me some relief. didn't find any fissure! I've been home, mostly in bed, with serious pain since. Yesterday I felt like I might be improving, but then this morning had a painful BM and am down for the day..
My question to all of you AF sufferers out there is this: How do you manage going to work with all this pain? What if you're at work and have to take a BM? Cant really go and soak in a bath afterward..screaming in the rr stall would be wierd... what do you do?
sitz-a-lot
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: AF and Work Life Balance

Postby suzyljank » 15 Nov 2009, 19:21

Hi, so sorry you're experiencing pain. If they didn't find a fissure did they do anything else for your pain? It's awful when you expect to find relief and can't. As far as cleaning after a bm when you're at work here's a link to a travel bidet I bought myself and it cleans really good. http://www.sanicare.com/Sanicare-Travel-Bidet-Portable-Bidet-p/tb.htm All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby juney » 16 Nov 2009, 14:40

BM at work (or in any other public place) are the worst!!!
you have to train yourself to go to the bathroom at a comfortable time...for most people it's easiest to train your body to have a BM in the morning. i go every single morning within 20 minutes of waking up, and i know quite a few others who do the same. that's usually the only time i go every day and i haven't missed a day in almost 2 years now. i'm pretty much only comfortable going in my or my parent's homes so i try to avoid spending the night at friend's houses.
taking a softening agent like miralax will help but mostly it just takes time to train your body. i always get up extra early to give myself time.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby sitz-a-lot » 16 Nov 2009, 15:30

Hi,
Went back to the Dr. and he said I have an internal hemorroid that is causing irritation when protroding and protracting, similar to a fissure. ouch. I am going in for Surgery Thursday and expect a lot of post op pain. I want to make sure I'm on a good regular BM schedule, so I'll try Miralax. Any suggestion on how much to take at night? I'm 5'7 and 130 lb.
sitz-a-lot
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby suzyljank » 16 Nov 2009, 19:06

Hi, glad they found out what was causing your pain. It's frustrating when you don't know. I take one dose of miralax before I go to bed at night and benefiber 3 X a day. I usually go first thing in the morning and 2 or 3 times. Stress and diarrhea can throw me off for a little while but I just get back to my routine again when that happens. Good luck on your surgery. I had hemmie surgery years ago and I won't lie, it can hurt. Take the pain meds they give you but remember that can constipate you so take the stool softeners and eat more fiber too. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic