"Normal" symptoms of anal fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

"Normal" symptoms of anal fissure?

Postby kiki704 » 06 Feb 2010, 21:39

Hi All, First-time poster here. I have had symptoms since August 2009. Never had any problems in this part of the body until I had an unusual bout of constipation (normally am regular). Started with hemorrhoids, which disappeared. I never had any bleeding...just swelling and pain. Even now, I have never seen blood. The hemorrhoids are much better but now it hurts to sit and any pressure there causes a weird dull ache. I think that I have an anterior fissure that can't be seen from the outside at all. It seems to be more internal---I can feel it. When I try to look with a mirror, sometimes a drop or two of pus comes out. Sitz baths and xylocaine jelly help the symptoms. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with an anterior fissure and/or an infected fissure.
kiki704

Topics: 1

Re: "Normal" symptoms of anal fissure?

Postby derryboy » 07 Feb 2010, 03:00

kiki704 welcome to or little but forever growing family here. you will find many many info on here, mostly anything to do with butt issues.. :)
what you describe in your post sounds to me like an abcess.. but hey am no gp or crs. am just going by my symptoms.
my fissure did become infected which led to an abcess.
go to a gp/crs... if it has become infected... its far better to act quick... try this link below..
http://anal-fissure.org/considering-surgery-or-already-had-it-f1/fistula-surgery-t1856.htm?sid=613cc2d50b7b70d4fd15b8a12bb6d603
Last edited by derryboy on 07 Feb 2010, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added link
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby cherylk » 07 Feb 2010, 08:01

I think it sounds like an infection.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Feb 2010, 23:27

I never had infection and I never had any kind of discharge coming out of my butt.
I would definitely go to CRS ASAP to check for infection : (( !You do not want that to spread or form a fistula : (((
I wish you best of luck !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby StevePain » 17 Feb 2010, 17:00

Kiki, I have similar pain to you, it hurts to sit and any pressure causes a dull ache which lasts all day and night, I find it very difficult to sit in any kind of comfortable position, also, I have an internal fissure that can't be seen from the outside along with internal hemmies, they both require medical treatment as the usual stuff isn't working, I suggest you seek advice which is what i'm currently doing.
Good Luck
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45