bad day!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

bad day!

Postby mmb0423 » 07 Apr 2010, 13:31

hi everyone! so, things have been going really well for the last 7 weeks. i haven't been having any pain before, during, or after bms. then all of the sudden there was a lot of bleeding during my bm today, and it's been a little uncomfortable since. i'm not really sure why though. the bm wasn't hard (it was a little large), and i have been doing everything the same... no changes. i called my crs this morning after it happened and moved my check up to tomorrow morning. i'm really nervous that he's going to suggest botox or lis now. i thought things were going so well that i can't help but be a little depressed about what happened today. i think i would feel differently if i had done something to provoke the incident, but i haven't changed a thing! i'm not really in much pain right now just uncomfortable, but can't stop crying all day anyway. i'm so afraid that the pain is coming back! my little girl has been so good today, and i'm mostly worried about the pain returning for her sake. i'm just not myself when i'm having the fissure pain. i'm depressed, pessimistic, and just a downer. i don't want to go back to that. i hope that the doctor will have some suggestions tomorrow. i guess i should just be happy for the seven weeks that i have been pain free, i've had some really good time with my baby!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Keep your chin up

Postby small_flower » 07 Apr 2010, 16:10

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bad day. It happens to the best of us. I know it can be incredibly frustrating to be following your diet and to have things go poorly. Who knows why it happened, but it did. So now your next step should be to go to your doctor and just see what he or she has to say. You don't know what the doc will say something different than what you think. Even if LIS is suggested, I have been through this and I feel much much better, so it may not be as awful as you think it will be. I would just keep your chin up and don't make any assumptions about what the doctor is going to say. But let us know what happens! (of course)
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: bad day!

Postby cherylk » 07 Apr 2010, 17:05

Mechelle,
Keep your spirits up! Maybe we should add your name to the ever growing list of persons for whom Dwight is praying???
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby mmb0423 » 07 Apr 2010, 18:43

thanks kate & cheryl that would be great! i have went to the bathroom 3xs today. i must have a nervous stomach or something. the second time there was no blood and the third time there was blood and it's a little sore. i'm headed to the tub now. i'll let everyone know what i find out tomorrow. :(
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 07 Apr 2010, 19:21

OK, Mechelle, we'll add you to our ever growing list of people needing prayers! Good luck tomorrow. Maybe you could post a pic sometime of your baby!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Apr 2010, 22:33

Hey Mechelle, it definitely sounds like you had a re-tear :( Unfortunately it does happen sometimes, often seemingly for no reason... For me it could be anything from a larger or harder stool to having too many loose, watery BMs a day.
If your CRS suggests Botox, don't worry too much though. A lot of folks have including myself have had that done and it's not too bad in most cases. Some people have bad experiences but it's generally well tolerated.
Also, is it possible that you drank less water than usual the last day or two? Sometimes that's all it takes to make a stool just enough harder to cause problems.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 08 Apr 2010, 03:26

You're not alone Mechelle, i'm having a bad day too, my fissure is acting up again, having uncomfortable BM's with aching afterwards that lingers on and on, the thing i've noticed is that no two days are the same, some days it's hardly noticeable and others (like today) it's dominating my life again!! I know exactly how you feel, the emotional roller coaster of feelings and depression associated with the pain and discomfort are just unmanageable, some days I just want to cry (not good for a man of my age)
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby mmb0423 » 08 Apr 2010, 05:39

Thanks everyone! I'm getting ready to head into the doctor to see how bad it is. At my last visit I was healed 50 percent and I'm sure that's probably shot. I'm thankful though that even though things were sore yesterday I didn't end up getting the severe spasms that I usually get. I'm praying that I won't get them today either.
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 08 Apr 2010, 08:32

Good luck Mechelle, let us know the outcome
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 08 Apr 2010, 08:44

Mechelle,
I already talked to Dwight today and forgot to add your name to his list! I'll probably talk to him again today and then will let him know. Sorry!
cherylk
VIP