Diltiazem/lack of progress

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Diltiazem/lack of progress

Postby dee » 21 May 2010, 05:58

i never had any luck with any of the creams--suppositories at the very beginning, yes, but not the dialtizem and certainly not the nitro...
the best thing for me has been valium--i'm talking with the surgeon next week to see what can be done so i don't get dependent on it, but i'd rather be dependent on it than in pain and constantly fearing retearing the fissure or tearing a new one...
as far as surgery--i just had it and although the pain is less than the fissure it's pretty constant (so far...)
just trying to figure out when the discharge will stop *sigh*...
off work gotta go i think my replacement is watching over my shoulder...
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby jman11 » 21 May 2010, 09:46

I don't know if I should be taking the Diltiazem along with Preperation H, does anyone have any idea if this could be a bad thing? And I've never had a hemmy (that I've noticed anyways), how long is this thing going to last?
jman11
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby cherylk » 21 May 2010, 11:55

Prep H never did much for me. I used a Rx--Anusol for hemmroids which has hydrocortisone in it, I think.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 21 May 2010, 13:29

Personally, I think 6 months use of Diltiazem (Anoheal) is too much, saying that though I used Rectogesic for almost a year, so who knows?? one thing I do know is that your body becomes used to it over time and the effects of it start dwindling, surgery seems the best option all round, i've had it with creams/ointments and suppositories, bring on LIS!!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 21 May 2010, 13:35

I hope LIS does the trick for you, Steve!!!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 21 May 2010, 13:54

Hey cheryl, I have my mind set on LIS being the ultimate solution, I am very very positive about any kind of surgery down there, whether it be LIS, Fistulotomy or abscess or even strangulated hemmorhoids, once again I use positive affirmations and tap it into my mind that everything went very well with the surgery and i'm now trying to visualize the wound, i'm using the same method for pain control btw, (firm believer in mind/body)
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 21 May 2010, 14:34

Ditto, about mind/body!! I suppose you read my earlier comment about my opinion of my surgeon that performed my carpal tunnel surgery? How is your wife doing with her wrist??????
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 22 May 2010, 01:20

Dee, I had discharge for a while after LIS and posted a big freaked out thread about it, and everyone told me it's normal :) Actually I still have discharge now, but I also had that 2nd surgery for the abscess a week ago, so I can't attribute it all to LIS alone. Definitely take care with the valium. Most doctors treat valium very casually but benzodiazepine addiction is pretty evil stuff. They're one of the hardest drugs to get off of, and most doctors aren't very informed about how to properly taper off them. Granted, I agree with you that I'd rather have valium dependency than live in fissure hell. Like you, I still have pain weeks after LIS. I'm impressed that you're back at work actually. I'm still stuck at home. Walking is okay but sitting is very iffy and driving definitely ain't happening.
Jman, I've used both hemorrhoid and fissure ointments at the same time. I don't think it'll do any harm, except the anus might get irritated from all the moisture (it did for me). The Anusol that Cheryl mentioned is available OTC now but the name has changed to Tuck's. It was a bit too pasty for my liking but you should try some different things to see what works for you. If the hemorrhoid is really big you may need more than ointments though. If you want to be safe I'd get a doc to have a look and give you his opinion. I've spent a fortune on just about every kind of hemorrhoid cream available and for me the only thing that actually cured them was time and a strict diet. The creams did help alleviate the discomfort, but only very temporarily. But my hemorrhoids (both internal and external) were only moderate, not severe.
Steve, hope you get your LIS date soon buddy!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Anoheal?

Postby saurus » 21 Sep 2010, 10:03

I`m new to this forum, so please be patient? I`ve not read all the posts, so I may be asking something already answered ok?
I think the Anoheal is the topic/item on here. Only just prescribed this a few days ago, while waiting for hospital app.
I`ve only had basis docs exam.Explained symptoms, and had to go with a basic anal/finger and had this prob....which i`d read upon and suspected? Blah...blah..another 4 weeks later and 4 docs...(who have actually been great, just taken ...sorry...back later
saurus

Topics: 1

Postby StevePain » 21 Sep 2010, 14:35

Anoheal is the brand name of Diltiazem so you're posting in the correct thread
StevePain
King Fissure