Newbie with a theory

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie with a theory

Postby BR1979 » 27 May 2010, 10:12

Hello There,
In a AF male sufferer as most here. Had the problem 7 years ago, it vanished just to come back a year and a half ago trying to stay...
I read most of the tips and cant see what Im doing wrong except I noted one thing. Donґt laught.
Whenever I have intercourse (hetero: penis-vagina intercourse) or I have just an erection or masturbate, there seems to increase tonus of sphincter. 2 weeks without any sexual stymulus helps a lot the AF. Sexualy active periods seem to worse the problem.
Have I conditioned any muscle to contract when I have an erection? Am I paranoid with that?
And about exercising with weights? Most doctors told me I could do with no problem, but i read the other way around...
EDIT: Found this here: http://anal-fissure.org/general-anal-fissure-discussion-f2/sexual-function-and-anal-fissures-t2117.htm?highlight=sexual
My theory is: Is my sex/masturbation life CAUSING AF? I realy can see a conection to that...
BR1979
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Newbie with a theory

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 May 2010, 11:51

I don't know if there's any evidence suggesting sexual activity as a primary cause of anal fissures, but I can certainly imagine it exacerbating the symptoms. I won't claim to know about how all the muscles in the pelvis work, but I would expect the sphincter to contract and relax during certain activities. If they contracted and relaxed at the wrong times, I could see them causing problems or aggravating existing problems.
And yeah I don't think I'd go lifting weights with an anal fissure. Not sure what the doctors are thinking there. I'm guessing it's case where they've never had the condition themselves, and figure hey, if the medical literature doesn't talk about restricting exercise, then it must be okay Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 27 May 2010, 12:32

I can only second NG !!!!!
NO WEIGHT LIFTING ! I got my second fissure after I pulled very heavy queen size chase on my patio. I do not have hemmies or anything like that , but I am sure it contributed in some way. BTW - now that I think of it - this year I did some extensive gardening end of March carrying very heavy mulch bags around and transplants (trees !!!!!) - and started having problems end of March beg. of April and am now wondering could it be "it" AGAIN Image Image
After the surgery all patients are instructed not to carry anything heavy for 2 weeks so there MUST be a connection
between anal area and heavy lifting causing some extra problems there ...maybe making extra pressure on a pelvic floor and stuff Image So, if I was into very intensive weight lifting - I would do all exercises sitting or lying down to isolate the pelvic area as much as possible , although "bearing down" is definitely present any time very heavy object is lifted - no matter the position.
Regarding the pain during the intercourse - yes - some people do not have it - some do. It is individual, as everything else, I think. We had some members over the years who would experience pain during sex or during ejaculation, so you are not exception !
Heterosexual sex is definitely NOT causing a fissure , as NG said. The time you spend having sex compared to total time of not having it (unless you are a sex addict and have it 20 times a day) is not long enough to make NORMAL sphincter being contracted for the whole day :roll: Unless your butt stays in spasm for hours and hours after the sex, I do not see a possibility of a connection Image
Best of luck with healing Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby StevePain » 27 May 2010, 12:39

The most noticeable change in the penis during orgasm is the ejaculation of semen. The muscles at the base of the penis and around the anus contract rhythmically, with intervals of about 0.8 second between the first three or four contractions.
I apologize for the TMI but hope that solves your question
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 27 May 2010, 12:43

Ohhh LOL - did you time it Image So sorry Steve LMAO - naughty Fissy could not resist Image te-he Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby StevePain » 27 May 2010, 12:47

LMAO Fissy... That would be telling Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 27 May 2010, 13:11

Te-he, te-he Image , just wanted to make you laugh LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby StevePain » 27 May 2010, 13:13

You always make me smile Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 27 May 2010, 13:14

YEEEAAAAYYYY Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 May 2010, 14:57

I must be special, mine contract at a rate of 0.1 seconds SUPER MAN STYLE Image j/k
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure