had my one month post-op checkup today and

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

had my one month post-op checkup today and

Postby dee » 07 Jun 2010, 08:59

according to the scale i've lost 10% of my weight since january (which is a VERY good thing--i have a lot more to lose--and i haven't done anything to try and lose weight...i think it's just that i went back on my thyroid meds...)
i was told that i've completely healed from the surgery and that the fissure itself is a mere line--a mere shadow of itself...
i asked where it was located and the nurse practitioner (i didn't see the surgeon) said it was in the "back"...that most are either in the front or the back, so whatever that means....
but the best part is i asked how large it was...she said it was 2 cm long and 1 cm wide--she said i must have been in a lot of pain because apparently that's a rather large fissure...ummm...YEAH! i was in a LOT of pain pre-surgery....now i don't even need ibuprofen...i love my new butt...
i'm so happy that i chose to have LIS...i just hope it's permanent! maybe after 13 years i'll be able to have a "normal" life...
and later today i'm actualy going to psychotherapy for the first time in my life...hoping that all will be rainbows, unicorns, butterflies, and sunshine soon Image
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: had my one month post-op checkup today and

Postby dee » 07 Jun 2010, 09:24

actually i am in a little bit of discomfort because of the rectal exam, but i didn't take any valium or even ibuprofen...i'm just going to tough it out (i forgot to pack any of my meds--i used to carry around one bottle with some of each of my meds...)
just killing time til my app't with the counselor...
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10