any success without surgery?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: any success without surgery?

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2010, 19:41

Fire cracker,
This is Great to hear!! How long had you had your fissure before using the ointment?
I agree with the no nuts, spicy food, etc... I will stay on this diet for a year before I feel safe. Thanks for posting!

Postby fire-cracker » 05 Aug 2010, 19:59

I think that I had the AF for approx 3 weeks before using the ointment. When I saw my PCP, 5 days after the AF appeared, he gave me suppositories, which some days I was able to use them, but most days I could not (I know this sounds gross) get it to stay in. I think mainly because I was nervous about putting something their.
After being in sooooooooooooooooooooooo much pain for a few weeks I finally went to see a CRS who gave me dilt. I used it for a few weeks before I noticed alot of the pain going away. A few days before my 2nd appt. with him...my butt bled for 3 days, but I had no pain. He wanted me to have surgery, but I was not willing to do that right then. So he gave me another script for the med. and said if I continued to have a problem to go back to see him.
I was scared to stop using the ointment so I went back to my PCP who gave me a script for the med. From what I remember I used dilt. the end of March until the beginning of July. I don't know that I really needed to use it that long, but again...I was too scared to stop using it, but I have some on had if I should need it again (keeping fingers crossed that I never have to use it).
Yep....watch your diet for a while!!!
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2010, 21:24

I have only been using it for a week and a half and it really does seem to be helping. I have 2 more refills and I'm going to try and get more because I don't want to run out either. How long did your prescription last? Mines in a plastic jar type container. I wish that I would have started it sooner! Thank you for giving me more hope.
Good Luck to you too!

Postby cherylk » 06 Aug 2010, 04:20

Dawn,
Keep reminding yourself that many people heal/have healed by only using an ointment or just plain diet and sitz or tub baths!! The MIND is very powerful!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2010, 08:47

Cherylk,
Thank you. That's what my husband and daughter keep telling me too. The four weeks that I did really well I was more positive about it and I really think that helped more than anything but the the relapses just make it so much harder. I am really going to try though.
I was wondering besides the baths, diet and ointment, did you put anything else on it or take anything that you felt promoted healing? I have used fresh aloe right from the plant, diaper ointments and even broke vitamin E capsules to mix with all this. I take about 4 baths a day at the min. of 30 minutes each. I've even boiled aloe on the stove and put it in my bath water. Well as you can see it consumes most of my day Image

Postby cherylk » 06 Aug 2010, 09:52

There's a thread on this board on "squatting." You might try that as it is easier on the rectum and facilitates evacuation!! Probably about 2 baths a day would be sufficient. That is all I ever did.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Aug 2010, 15:20

dawn wrote:Mine is like a vaseline based. I haven't had any problems yet but It has only been a week. I still have quite a bit of pain while going. I'm hoping that ends soon.
Fiss, did you heal using the ointment or did you have surgery?

Yes - I healed couple of times using creams but would eventually re-tear over and over again Image and I just had enough of those yo-yo shenanigans and decided to have a permanent fix :D and have my lufe back !!! I ended up having two LIS surgeries before my sphincter became somewhat relaxed and I am extremely happy I did it Image !!!
Wishing you the best of luck with it all Image
PS: I would suggest 4, 20 min baths a day : )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2010, 08:40

Fissy,
How long did you have your fissure before having the surgery?
I agree with having my life back. This is insane! Still going to give this a shot with the ointment since it is the first time I've used anything.

Postby StevePain » 07 Aug 2010, 13:03

dawn, are you having any success with the ointment?
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2010, 13:14

Hey Steve,
Today is 12 days and it seems to be improving. I've been living in the bath tub also. I'm really hoping this works. I haven't had a BM today but yesterday was like a 2 and when I started using it, it was like a 7. I'm thankful though because it didn't get to the point I couldn't sit this time.
I have been reading your post and I feel terrible for you. I've been praying for you and wish you a fast recovery. God Bless.