LHP and LIS Recovery

The good, bad and the ugly ;

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

LHP and LIS Recovery

Postby JaiShriRam » 28 Jul 2018, 00:32

Hi, I am a 29 yr old male from India and new to this forum. My shit story started on night of 2nd June when I drank half a bottle of Jack's without sufficient water or food. This isn't something I havent done before. Next day I had Rock solid poop which definitely bled and gave a massive cut. To top it all off, I thought this is constipation and I took extra laxatives. This gave a serious bout of diarrhea, which gave me a new fissure. Before 2nd June, I had never ever known such a thing existed.

Lived with this pain for a month, tried everything on internet. Consulted a GP and he gave me creams and antibiotics. No help. Being from India, tried Ayurveda too. Created a Strom of fire blasting poop in my ass. Finally after 2 months I went to a well known CRS. He diagnosed severe anal spasm to the extent where my opening had reduced to 1 cm from the normal 3cm. To top it all off I had hemorrhoids, both external and internal including skin tags. I was on verge of anal stenosis, where the hole practically shuts up.

Went for a Laser Hemorrhoidoplasty + Sphincterotomy + Skin Tag removal on 24th July.

Today is 4th day of my surgery. I won't lie. It is nothing like my CRS had said. He had said 4th day you will be in office with no pain at all, only mild burning during pooping.

THERE IS PAIN whole day. Pain score is 6 on 10. ND DEFINITELY BURNING DURING POOPING. I am wearing Sanitary pads coz there is constant blood+stool leakage. Hardly any control on my farts, which also adds to more stool leakage. Due to the high fiber diet, I have to go for the burning poop 4 to 5 times a day. There is blood every single time I poop. The muscle is so weak after the incision that by the time you realize that you need to go, it's already on its way out. SEVERE CRAMPS IF YOU TRY YO HOLD IT IN. And before you can open the bathroom door, 50% of it is already out !! I know it's gross, but for me it's living hell. My CRS says all this is normal and expected. Complete u turn from his pre surgery statement. I won't lie, I am a big guy and have taken some serious physical pain in life during accidents without a single cry. But this makes me have emotional outbursts looking myself in the mirror and asking myself 'what exactly did I do to deserve this' !!!!

I walk twice for 15 mins and perform the kegel exercises recommended by my CRS. In the hopes that I regain control of my sphincter and motions. I am doing everything possible to make a speedy recovery, right food, right amount of liquids, hygiene... But I don't think I will be back to my office anytime before next week ! Can't leave home until I have control on my pooping. I can still manage minor leakage, but since there is stool you definitely need to clean up and change the pads.

Anyone going for this Surgery, just take minimum 2 weeks off, with expectation of everything going right and no complications.

I hope I see the light at the end of this horrendous tunnel soon ! Any suggestions to get out of this ?????????
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: LHP and LIS Recovery

Postby Vishal » 19 Mar 2021, 19:00

How are you doing now friend?
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2