Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Dec 2010, 00:58

Jeff, long time no see! Fistula a thing of the past now?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 19 Dec 2010, 02:38

For the first two weeks post-op I was applying dibucaine ointment that was prescribed to me to numb up the area so it wouldn't sting,I don't apply anything anymore though.I thought my doc was going to prescribe me antibiotics but he never did and all is well since I never got an infection.But yeah man diapers suck!!Don't fret,soon enough your going to grow up into a young woman and start wearing pantyliners Image I wish you luck too Rei take care of yourself pare
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby afugh!! » 19 Dec 2010, 02:58

NeuropathicGuy wrote:Jeff, long time no see! Fistula a thing of the past now?
Ya man I went back to work after Thanksgiving and I have just been busy working six days a week and doing Christmas shopping on my one day off.Thank god this was my last day working on a Saturday Image .I'm not ready to say the fistula is the thing of the past til the drainage has fully stopped but the last three days have been real good as far as drainage goes.The abcess site has fully closed and it doesn't drain from there anymore and the second tract still drains but it's on and off and it's about a droplet size.Just before the abcess site closed off it was doing the same on and off drain with droplet size so I think the second tract is on it's last leg.I'm hoping within three weeks the drainage should completely(crossing fingers)stop.Whats up with you NG how is your son doing and did you finally get rid of the fungus?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rei » 19 Dec 2010, 03:28

afugh!! wrote:For the first two weeks post-op I was applying dibucaine ointment that was prescribed to me to numb up the area so it wouldn't sting,I don't apply anything anymore though.I thought my doc was going to prescribe me antibiotics but he never did and all is well since I never got an infection.But yeah man diapers suck!!Don't fret,soon enough your going to grow up into a young woman and start wearing pantyliners Image I wish you luck too Rei take care of yourself pare

Haha thanks pards! :D
I actually had 2 kinds of surgeries; fistulectomy and hemorrhoidectomy which I think is the reason why I had to take antibiotics Image
Rei
Fibre Addict

Postby goodbye fistula » 09 Jan 2011, 21:22

@Rei
Sir, May i know who and where did you have your fistulectomy done, I'm having a hard time deciding on my
doctor now, since procedures such as MRI are lacking,he said that he will use blue dyed ink instead upon surgery, since it is practical than MRI, please advise Me, i dont want fistulas coming out again after the procedure because we did not have good preparation before the surgery... i was thinking of shifting to a CRS rather than GS...
goodbye fistula
Fibre Addict

Postby Rei » 16 Jan 2011, 01:50

Hello goodbye fistula. I've sent you the information you needed. Sorry but I cannot post here the information 'cause I really don't like commercializing Image
Rei
Fibre Addict

Postby happyass » 16 Jan 2011, 06:13

rei and afugh! sounds great that you both are doing very good. congratulations. keep up the good work!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby afugh!! » 16 Jan 2011, 08:10

Thanks Happyass.I'm happy to report my fistula surgery is now a complete success.It took 10 weeks and 4 days for my wounds to close up and I haven't had any drainage in 3 days.What a big relief my cotton stuffing days are done Image .Props to my GS because I think he did a fantastic job.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2011, 09:29

Image Yay Jeff!! I'm Happy for you. It takes awhile sometimes but it's sure worth it :)

Postby PaulsPain » 16 Jan 2011, 19:24

Hi Jeff-
That is awesome that you have successfully banished the fistula's. Image
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?