Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Postby afugh!! » 09 Nov 2010, 14:45

Things are going well for me.The swelling from the abcess has gone down and it's not painful anymore other than stinging when I split it.Worse pain would probably be when I'm sitting on the toilet causing it to split and I get fecal matter to strike at the wound at the same time.Not fun and I usually have to scream in anguish just to tolerate the stinging Image Cleaning after a bm is still a struggle but it's getting easier to do as the days pass.The second track causes some pain and throbbing after a sitz bath but I pop a tylenol right after and I'm good to go.The discharge has gone down a lot but I still get pus discharge from the abcess and second track but thats normal until both heals up,atleast I've graduated from the diapers to pantyliners now.Yes I know I've grown from a baby to a beautiful young women now Image .In all I'm doing pretty good and I just came back from my GS and he told me it is healing just as planned and I should be able to return to work in two weeks.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 Nov 2010, 13:06

LOL dude congrats on your Sweet 16! It's good that you get the pus, that means it's draining all the nasty crap out right? You able to drive and do other normal daily activities aside from working? Or more housebound and limited?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 10 Nov 2010, 19:07

Why thank you,sorry I couldn't invite you to my Sweet 16.I had Kanye West perform and everything Image Ya all the nasty pussage is draining.It's pretty nasty when I remove the gauze especially from the second track,it's literally caked on the gauze.I've only been mobile for a couple of days so I'm just taking it step by step.Maybe before the end of next week I'm going to give sitting down a shot.I'm pretty home sick already so hopefully by the week after as long as I'm good enough to drive I'm going to go back home and give my nephew his room back.Did you have a lot of pus discharge when you had your abcess layed open and how long did it take for it to stop?I'm pretty impatient and I'm already sick of having a greasy butt Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 Nov 2010, 19:27

Hrm I had drainage for a looong time after. But I think my abscess was really tiny compared to yours. I never had stuff caked on there or anything. But I did have "skid marks" for a while. Has it decreased at all? And what color is the drainage? My stuff was ummmm greenish-brownish more than yellowish if I recall correctly. I definitely had pantyliners for a little while, especially when I wasn't close to a shower. On weekends I did without them because I could rinse the area every few hours, but outside of the house I always had some handy. I still carry them with me in my backpack, actually, I guess once you wear pantyliners after ass surgery, the feeling of needing to have them never quite leaves you...
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 10 Nov 2010, 22:02

It was hard to tell but now that the after surgery drainage is clearing up I can distinguish the pus drainage more.My color is more grayish,watered down red with a hint of yellow.From the abcess I've noticed a real decrease but from the secondary opening it's still spewing the same amount.Maybe it is channeling in the different route.Sheez I'm giving myself about 10-12 weeks before I start pulling my hair out from the drainage,I'm a boxer wearing kind of guy(love letting my boys breath)and I'm forced to wear boxer briefs just to hold the pantyliners in place.All I know is my package is not liking not being able to swing about freely :(
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Nov 2010, 13:19

lol hahahahaha. Alright I'll have to diverge here now. I'm an old fashioned briefs lover and can't stand wearing boxers. Feels too ummmm "airy" down there! BTW what's the secondary opening? Is that where the surgical incision is?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 11 Nov 2010, 14:00

I had two tracks,one with the abcess and the other was a secondary opening an inch above where my fissure was.Hmm... I can't feel any surgical incision site.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Nov 2010, 14:08

Aaaahhh ok nm I get what you mean by secondary opening now. What about the abscess? They must have made some kind of incision to take the top off the abscess lump right? Or am I completely out in left field here?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 11 Nov 2010, 14:17

I don't know?I've read in your other post about how you feel an incision site but maybe I just don't know how that is suppose to feel.Is the incision site the place where the inject the local anesthesia?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Nov 2010, 14:29

Hrm I dunno ... for me I was under general anesthesia so everything was through IV. Nothing local at all. After the abscess drainage I'm pretty sure I could feel a tiny incision site near where the abscess used to be. But things were pretty swollen at that time, and I also had LIS two weeks prior, of course, so maybe that's what I was feeling. Somehow nearly everything fissure related is some sort of mystery or other lol.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?