first time for everything!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

first time for everything!

Postby happyass » 27 Dec 2010, 23:00

so i had a fissure in 2004.
took enough time to convince myself due to the horrific days i was having and fearing of the toilet every day to finally see a CRS in 2007. yes, it took me awhile.
but even in my worst of days, the CRS never prescribed me any creams. never did the nitros, the dilts, the x, or the y....
but today at my pre-surg appt, the CRS wrote me a prescription for lidocaine 5% and diltiazem 2%. for the most part i have been having really good days but i was afraid i would run into some problems on my way to asia tomorrow and the flight is 13 hours once i get into chicago.
at this point, i wonder if i could get any therapeutic value out of the diltiazem 2%? since more than likely, the fissure i have is a chronic one. i am assuming it is the same fissure from 2004 but for some reason gave me a break around mid 2008 through most of 2010.
since the skin tag had its growth spurt between 2008 and 2010, perhaps fissure was dormat but somewhat still active.
anyway, i just had a question that just came to me tonight....
is it okay to put the lidocaine 5%, say if you were expecting a bm.....but then the bm never showed up....then as you went to bed, then put on the diltiazem 2% - even tho the lidocaine ointment would still probably be coating the anus?
well, hope the both work together as there could be a first time for everything!
i am hopeful in love, i am hopeful in fissureland!
and well, the mind is a powerful thing! just gotta keep on moving with it!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: first time for everything!

Postby Guest » 27 Dec 2010, 23:59

Happy,
I only used the diltiazem so I have no knowledge about mixing the two.
The diltiazem didn't heal my fissure but it brought me out of the shards of glass phase until I could get the surgery.
After using it for a few months, I developed some side effects (itch, rash) but it helped me out quiet a bit before that. I honestly think if I would have been diagnosed and prescribed it earlier before my fissure became chronic, I may have had a good chance of healing it.

Postby cherylk » 28 Dec 2010, 07:04

Happy,
I'm betting your original fissure healed and then came back. It can happen that way. I think using the ointments in that way would be OK. Diltiazem healed me. Lidocaine helps with the pain.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby happyass » 14 Jan 2011, 09:28

the diltiazem and lido really helped a lot.
i am like normal again.
however, i do have to deal with some other issues down there and altho coming back to the USA and adjusting my diet again, i had the biggest BM within the last 12 days last night and it was like almost irritation free - i didn't use the diltiazem cream for about 24 hours before that one and wasn't expecting a huge BM either.
so feeling just as normal today again since i put some in last night.
still thinking the fissure site has to be scarred up and i think i felt a papillae on the other end inside of where the fissure is/was.
i can wait til wednesday but in other words, i can't wait til wednesday cause i just want to get this over with.
i am hoping that i can still remain in really good shape as i have been pain free since the 27th of december and no blood at all for maybe a little over a month - it only happened when i retore.
i wish i would have been given this stuff a lot earlier in my early fissure days. LOL! oh well, what is done, is done.
what is to come, is what is to come.
i just want my life to be healthy.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74