How was your skin tag removed?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How was your skin tag removed?

Postby scaredy_butt » 13 Jan 2011, 18:40

Hello again everyone,
I am just reading some of the old posts about the skin tag removal site being the one that gives people the most pain after surgery. Does anyone who had the surgery know how the tag was removed? I am thinking back a few years to when I had a sigmoidoscopy done before I had been diagnosed with a fissure (let's just say I was nearly crawling off the bed in pain since I had been given NO anaesthesia). After he was done, the Dr. (who still didn't figure out that it was fissure causing all my problems) removed a skin tag using cautery. I didn't experience any pain at the site afterwards at all. I wonder if it was because the cautery didn't leave an open edge that had to heal? Maybe cautery is not the best way to remove them though since he had NO IDEA that I had a fissure, he maybe wasn't the greatest Dr. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone actually knows how their skin tags were removed.
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: How was your skin tag removed?

Postby happyass » 13 Jan 2011, 20:10

i know i am having mine removed scaredy_butt next wednesday but believe it or not, i didn't ask specifically how the CRS would remove it.
i know she mentioned that she would not be stitching it up. i am wondering how that will work because it is a bit skin tag to me and its base covers a big area to me.
it is the most scary thing for me going into surgery on wednesday. i am completely comfortable about the LIS now.
i am also having some small HPV activity removed which also concerns me as this has more opportunity to turn into pre-cancer activity.
even though i have asked the CRS to do a search deep inside, and at the risk of sounding grim, i can't help that feeling something odd in there, has me spooked.
i guess after all this is done, i can tell you how my skin tag was removed! LOL.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: How was your skin tag removed?

Postby Guest » 13 Jan 2011, 22:30

Scaredy_butt,
My skin tag was just cut off, No stitches. It's pretty sore for a while but nothing unbearable. You just really have to take it easy. It took about 6-7 weeks before it was not sore at all, but it gradually improved week by week before it went away. I don't regret it. I'm so glad it's gone and would do it all over again if I had too.

My fissure was cauterized during my LIS. I can't really recall feeling anything with that. It's all kind of sore and swollen after the surgery.