Progress then.......AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Progress then.......AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Postby Bobcat » 14 Jan 2011, 01:47

I'm trying to figure out what to eat for the best. I have a serious allergy to fruit (no, stop laughing! It causes anaphylactic shock!!)
So, I have been mostly eating soups, mini weetabix with semi skimmed milk and have tried dates.
AGONY!!!! How on earth do others cope with this at work?? I for one have found that I simply can't!! I have a permanent grimace on my permanently red face because I'm walking like a bloody duck half the time!!
Bloody hell I must have done something bad in a past life!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Progress then.......AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Postby StevePain » 14 Jan 2011, 03:25

Bobcat wrote:AGONY!!!! How on earth do others cope with this at work?? I for one have found that I simply can't!! I have a permanent grimace on my permanently red face because I'm walking like a bloody duck half the time!!
Bloody hell I must have done something bad in a past life!

For me that's an easy answer - I couldn't work because of the pain and discomfort it basically took over my whole life, plus most of the time my life revolved around the bathroom.... Hell!
It is a form of torture.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bumbutt » 14 Jan 2011, 03:52

Yeah, same for me. I couldn't work during the worst time. I'm on my fifth week of self-prescribed couch-rest, and I think it helps, so far, for me. Anytime I've had to walk, it has made things worse.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby sphinctersaurus » 14 Jan 2011, 04:31

I'm lucky, I work from home, but I feel you pain! I was busy with alternating bathroom and bathing until 2pm today. I got out of bed at 6:45. I second your AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Bobcat » 14 Jan 2011, 14:26

OMG!!!! This has to have been the worst day so far for me!!
Started at 4am with a painful and bloody BM, then another slightly bloodier BM at 6am. Pain, check, walking like a duck, check......another bloody BM at 7.45am. Got to work for 8.15am and sat on my sore arse for 2 and a half hours and then spent the rest of the day interviewing people. Straight through till 5.30pm without a break. Agonising BM at 5.45pm. Straight home to a shot of Instillagel which just made me feel like I'd died!! Couldn't move for half an hour! Then felt a bit better so I had some soup. Now I have just had another agonising BM, have passed a blood clot and lot the most blood so far since this thing started!
Give me strength!!! I'm absolutely exhausted!!!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 14 Jan 2011, 14:33

Bobcat wrote: Now I have just had another agonising BM, have passed a blood clot and lot the most blood so far since this thing started!

Bobcat, if your passing blood clots I would get that checked out and the fact your passing large amounts of blood as well, seek medical advice to be on the safe side, I'm not a Doctor but it's better to be safe than sorry.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Bobcat » 14 Jan 2011, 16:03

hhmmmmm.....still not up to letting anyone near.......!! I'll see what tomorrow brings! Image
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Postby Bumbutt » 15 Jan 2011, 10:10

Ummm, I would also second Steve's suggestion. I tried to put off going to the doctors (with no bleeding), and after it got progressively worse, I finally gave in. I hate going to the doctors for this - I would rather get my teeth worked on all day at the dentists! - but, it was the only way to get the rectogesic ointment, after just one visit.
If you haven't been to the doctor, it seems like a good time to make an appointment.
How are you doing today?
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Bobcat » 15 Jan 2011, 11:00

Thanks Bumbutt. Today has been quite bad, but no clots. I feel totally helpless as I don't feel like anything is helping much! I had Rectogesic but had it stopped straight away as I suffer from serious migraine. I now have Diltiazem cream. I'm taking Ducosate Sodium daily and have gone too far as BM's are now too loose but very painful. After just having one of the most painful BM's yet, I've realised that the source of the pain today is the muscle tightness, OMG it's like trying to get an elephant through a polo mint!
I have decided not to wait for my doctors and I'm going to ring my private health insurance on Monday and see if I can get this seen to and put right as soon as possible! Fingers crossed.......or eyes if this carries on much longer!!
Bobcat
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 15 Jan 2011, 12:10

I'd quit the Doc Sodium and go with Fybogel to get more fibre (bulk), that way you'll get rid of more stool in one trip, personally I don't rate Doc Sodium, if you're having constipation issues try Movicol although it doesn't sound like your bunged up Image
It's really trial and error to get the right stool consistency, something which is difficult for all of us..
StevePain
King Fissure