Fissure

Brief story so far

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure

Postby UNKNOWNPAIN » 01 Jun 2024, 11:50

My story so far. Bleeding and tiny pain very manageable for a year. Colonoscopy done no issue. Working as per usual then 4 weeks ago a bowel movement and unbearable pain for many hours after. This pain came in waves randomly and only let up a bit I’d say 5 hours after using the toilet. Even then the pain would be enough to make me walk funny. Doctors had been prescribing me GTN the usual for months as a few months ago they said I had a small fissure. I found the GTN just seemed to cause more pain. Eventually a few days ago I ended up visiting a&e as I couldn’t cope at home anymore. I saw a senior surgeon that has booked me in for an examination and Botox under general anaesthetic and in the meantime gave me a load of pre loaded syringes full of lidocaine (instillagel). A life saver and the only thing that has calmed this crippling pain. The only issue is it only lasts 90 minutes so I use it sparingly each time. My question to everyone is Botox success stories. Does this help it heal at all ? Thanks for listening. I just want to get back to normal things work etc as people don’t understand the pain these things cause.
UNKNOWNPAIN

Topics: 1