BLEEDING & Scared of a Relapse POST OP

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: BLEEDING & Scared of a Relapse POST OP

Postby yadz » 30 Mar 2011, 17:24

After the op that is
yadz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby StevePain » 31 Mar 2011, 05:03

To be honest, some docs and CRS's are not that well informed when it comes to healing times, they think that we'll be living a normal life after only a week post-op, this is ridiculous after surgery in such a delicate area.
The battle isn't over after surgery, it's all about getting the correct consistency of stool and eating the right foods and plenty of bum pampering, it is by no means easy.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby alpinestrawberry » 31 Mar 2011, 06:33

In addition to what Steve has said, I'll add:
BUT, that doesn't mean you'll be in pain forever. Sometimes it does take another surgery to get where you want to be, and sometimes it just takes more time.
It's good to always be aware that you've had a fissure so that you'll be careful to drink enough water and eat enough fiber. But with time and surgery and the right diet, it doesn't have to run your life. It can be beaten, or at least reduced to a minor annoyance.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Bambi » 01 Apr 2011, 12:34

Yadz- I just saw your post. I don't blame you for being upset at seeing bleeding after you feel you were doing well. But try not to get discouraged. I had LIS and a skin tag removed 6 weeks ago. Between 4-5 weeks I had a bad week with some spotting that seemed to come from the skin tag area. That has calmed down a little but it is still really irritated there.
I wanted to add that if you wanted something not as abrasive as the bran, I have been eating the Quaker Oat Weight Watcher instant oatmeal each morning. It has 6 grams of fiber (and I think 4 of them are soluble fiber) rather than the typical package which has only 3. Sometimes I think it is a little too much fiber at one time for me- sometimes not. My body is pretty sensitive to changes. But you might want to give oatmeal a try. I put raisins on mine, but you could add any fruit for an additional +. Hope you are better. Have you called your Dr.?
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72