Getting Depressed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Getting Depressed

Postby BadtotheButt » 08 Jun 2011, 12:53

I am so glad I found this forum - it has helped a lot to read so much valuable information. I am going on 3.5 weeks with my fissure which I got from having diahrreah while on antibiotics. I mustered up enough courage to go see my GP and she prescribed Nefi compound and another cream (steriod I believe). I take 2 -3 hot baths a day.
At first the pain was unbearable - like broken glass coming out but after a while it started getting more tolerable - not all sunshine and roses - but tolerable. I was even getting a little cocky and thought I was healing then bam - one morning about 2 weeks into it I felt like I started all over again. I need to emphasize that I have very normal BM's and usually go once a day - with no need to strain. I am a Weight Loss Surgery patient (7 years ago). This is consuming my life and making me very despressed so I decided to go to a CRS - I go tomorrow and it can't come fast enough - I don't even care that I have to show my backend to some stranger :)
Thank you to everyone who has posted and keeps posting to inform the newbies - you guys are awesome.
Kathy
BadtotheButt

Topics: 2

Re: Getting Depressed

Postby hotpinkblack » 08 Jun 2011, 15:36

I hope you feel better soon, I know how your feel! It sux!
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby hball » 08 Jun 2011, 15:42

I have some problems with depression, too. I don't feel like getting out like I used to, and haven't been able to do any exercise for 15 months now. I used to run hard 4 times a week and lift weights. Now I feel sluggish and lazy. Looking forward to returning to the gym as soon as this is all over.
hball
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby hotpinkblack » 08 Jun 2011, 15:48

Yeah I take Zoloft daily for anxiety and I am glad because I would be freaking out with out it. I know how you feel to be depressed though..it just seems like there is no end in sight for these stupid things, but I just keep working through it. I have the sweetest dog in the world that thinks she needs to be by my side 24/7 when I dont feel good. She is my little nursey and a good distraction.
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3