LIS scheduled for 6/27

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS scheduled for 6/27

Postby reidgirl » 28 Jun 2011, 14:32

Update: Had the surgery yesterday. Main pain was from my arm being stretched outwards to the left -- I think I had already had a pulled muscle in that just irritated it more. Made it home with 1 Vidoden and then took another last night. The only pain I have must be where the two stitches are. Kinda feels prickly there. I've had 3 sitz baths today and plan on taking 2 more before bedtime. I've only had to take 1 Advil today. So, so far, so good. No BM yet, that's my main fear right now, but trying to eat things that won't constipate me so that it goes well when it comes. Have had very small amounts of gas pass, but none I didn't have any control of. Fingers crossed! Thanks for praying for me hopetoheal. Sounds like yours was good too!
reidgirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 28 Jun 2011, 14:46

Great news, Reidgirl! I'm very glad everything went well. Don't worry too much about the first BM (easier said than done, I know!). It should go well. Are you taking any stool softeners, like Miralax/Restoralax? Many of us here use that and it works wonders for most of us. This is my second surgery - I had an LIS on May 10. I used Restoralax then and I'm using it now to keep the BM just nice, and haven't had any problems with painkillers constipating me. So as long as you've got a good stool softener, don't worry about taking the painkillers when you need them. It's easier to keep the pain away than it is to catch up with it once it gets going. I'm also eating soft food and taking lots of warm baths.
It sounds like you're doing very well. I hope you have a nice evening relaxing and taking good care of yourself. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby reidgirl » 29 Jun 2011, 17:25

First BM was this morning. Very noneventful. Still have a slight poking feeling but it seems to be subsiding. The nurse seems to think it is a stitch that will dissolve. So far, so good!! Image
reidgirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2011, 19:26

YESSS!!! Great News!!
Reid you may have a prickly feeling for about 6 weeks that has nothing to do with your stitches too. I did and I didn't have stitches, but was told ahead by my CRS that it was my fissure and it would go away. It did!
I'm so happy for you!! Keep your routine with the baths and keeping the area dry, diet, etc.... You are on your way to feeling so much better!!!

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2011, 19:27

PSSS... Don't panic if your bm's look like a construction workers for a short while. That will go away and get normal again soon,Lol

Postby dexterdude » 30 Jun 2011, 11:54

Construction workers? You mean big or what? Have to confess, never saw a construction worker's BM :)
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2011, 14:52

Yep, that's an inside joke,Lol.... Sorry hope I didn't offend any construction workers!!

Postby StevePain » 30 Jun 2011, 15:51

haha, dawn means a turd like a babies arm Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2011, 16:40

Lol Steve!! You remember!:)

Postby happyass » 30 Jun 2011, 20:33

congratulations reidgirl!!!
yay, you've done it.
now let the healing begin....must have patience!
good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74