Fed up with this!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fed up with this!!

Postby StevePain » 23 Jun 2011, 14:02

Val.... I know how you feel and I'm not just saying that, these ass issues really do hit us where it hurts, it's like one step forward and three back all the time, it doesn't help when the area is already compromised as well, many times I've just wanted to give up, tears followed and depression all this and the never ending nagging pain make it almost impossible to enjoy life, but we carry on and live in hope that one day we'll be cured from this terrible torture.
I really hope things improve for you, the antibiotics will kick any infection into touch, it's best to take them as a precaution anyway...
Saying prayers ~ Steve
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby val » 23 Jun 2011, 14:21

Thank you Steve Image
yeah, enjoying life...... what's that!!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Jun 2011, 09:14

Hey Val - how are you doing today? Any news from the nurse? Image
Deleted User 579

Postby dexterdude » 24 Jun 2011, 12:50

Sorry to hear you're not doing so good val. But hang in there, we all know you're a fighter! And I'm pretty sure the antibiotics will kick that infection's ass...figuratively speaking of course :)
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby val » 24 Jun 2011, 14:19

Well, I had an appointment for 5.30, got hubby home from work early to take me there, dosed up on tramadol so's it didn't hurt ...............then chickened out and wouldn't go!!!
The thought of someone who maybe didn't know what they were doing shoving packing up my derriere, well I just couldn't face it!! LOL! Image
The good news though, is that today, the pain and leaking have lessened. Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick.
If it doesn't get better, then I'll phone my CRS, or the hospital and get someone butt-experienced to look at it!
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Jun 2011, 14:29

Hey Val, why wait? I completely understand your reluctance to let just any ole person shove stuff up your butt. I think that's quite reasonable! But, perhaps going to the CRS to get things checked out isn't a bad idea? Are you not supposed to have a post-op follow-up appointment anyway?
I'm so glad you're doing better today! That is very good news! Image :D
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 24 Jun 2011, 14:33

Hi Hope, how are you today?
Well, I'm just hoping it settles down. The hospital is a long way from us, and I have to get my mum look after my son as he's agoraphobic - and it's just a hassle really!
Hopefully, it's just a minor hiccup!
Oh, and our follow up post surgery appointments are 6-8 weeks - mine's in august sometime!
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Jun 2011, 15:01

Oh darn! That is a hassle! I'm sorry you've got to put up with this and wait until August for a follow-up. Did the surgeon mention if the first or second fistula involved any glands? I've been reading about a condition called "Cryptitis" - have you heard of this?
I'm okay - just getting myself mentally prepared for surgery. You guys are such a great help with that! You are sweet to ask, given all you're dealing with yourself. :D
I really hope the infection clears up and this turns out to be a very minor issue that goes away very fast.
Deleted User 579