Got Botox Yesterday

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Got Botox Yesterday

Postby jman11 » 12 Jul 2011, 11:14

Not feeling so great today, feels raw down there and I can feel the fissure more than I could before. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Botox to do it's thing?
jman11
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Got Botox Yesterday

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2011, 12:05

Hey jman,
I didn't have botox but you could look through some of NeuropathicGuys and Bambi's threads. They both had botox at one time. I think it can take a week or so to feel some effects?!

Postby bigbabyboy » 12 Jul 2011, 12:20

I had Botox about a month ago. I felt awful for the first 4 days. The skin is very sensitive around the rectum, so injections are going to cause a little irritation. I was a little tender at the injection site for a few days. You should start to notice some changes in about a week. Good luck!!!
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby soredownunder » 12 Jul 2011, 20:32

I had botox about 3 months ago. Took about a week to kick in. Its probably about worn off now. It has helped to lessen the pain but not get rid of it. I still have good and bad days. I have also been taking some valium which relaxes the muscle spasms. Apparently its common for people on here to have 2nd and even 3rd rounds of botox.
One thing I have found is that botox and valium combined with stuff for soft BMs maybe relax things too much.After some heavy coughing bouts with a cold I had a small amount of leakage after a bad coughing fit.
Nothing with AFs is ever simple
soredownunder
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby jman11 » 12 Jul 2011, 20:41

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been here, made this thread then searched and basically found all I needed to know lol.
I hadn't actually been diagnosed until yesterday when I had an anal manometry (sp?) and a flexible sigmoidoscopy done. I had to use an enema beforehand and I botched it, ended up straining really hard and I think I made it worse....then had to go in and get prodded and probed. I wasn't even planning on getting botox done, but my Doc just kind of told me that was what they were going to do. I was out the whole time, was the rest of the day basically, but today I've been kind of sore and had a painful BM earlier. Hoping things calm down back there.
Atleast we've got each other eh?
jman11
Salt Bather

Postby itpainsme » 12 Jul 2011, 22:09

No experience with it yet, I'll be getting mine in a couple of weeks. I would like to see an update from you to see how things are going. I hope it starts working for you soon.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby jman11 » 14 Jul 2011, 03:49

Well, still feel like crap...my fissure is worse than ever, I'm pretty sure it is from the straining after botching the enema, in fact I am positive this is the case. Afterwards my bum felt raw and the doctors finally saw a fissure, which they hadn't for two years. My sphincter is tighter than ever, I'm having more pain with BM's than ever, and I have to work a GD'd 8 hour shift today. Sometimes I don't think I'm strong enough to go on, life with a fissure is so hard and I feel like I have no one to talk to aside from my mom, and you all. I'm so depressed Image
jman11
Salt Bather

Postby itpainsme » 14 Jul 2011, 09:10

It sounds like it may take more time for you to notice a difference from the Botox based on experiences of others who have had it. I am sorry you are in so much pain, I know that pain all too well. I had days wondering how I could go on when my fissure was really bad. It definitely has been life altering for me. It does sound like straining caused it to be worse, I know it is a set back, but once the Botox starts working you will probably get some relief. Have you considered antidepressants to get through this rough patch dealing with all of this? It might help you get through until you are healed.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8