Post- Surgery Food Suggestions

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Post- Surgery Food Suggestions

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2011, 15:19

NG wrote:SummerGal, we have an old saying around here: "he who cries the most before surgery recovers the fastest"

NG, I think you may be on to something! Image Are you picking on me?!! LOL
Kim, the CRS canceled my surgery once then the Surgery Center canceled on me the second time I was scheduled or I would have probably did the same thing! By the time my surgery date came, I was ready to just get it over with. I was still scared, cried like a baby. I remember the nurse telling me to try not to cry because I would be all congested, snotty and it wasn't good to do before being put to sleep. My CRS remembered me crying before and after surgery that day. She told me at my follow-up, she told them hurry and knock her out! Lol. I was a little embarrassed that she remembered but was happy to be able to laugh about it after my surgery!!:)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Jul 2011, 18:32

Dawn, I cried right before my first surgery, which was an appendectomy, as I was alone when the old appendix was diagnosed as ruptured (my wife was out shopping, lol) and they had to do emergency surgery so there I was, by myself and facing the knife. As for the LIS, I was quite afraid the night before (I had this irrational fear of the general anesthesia, not the surgery per se) but found myself stoic and calm that morning. Once the admission nurse drew a smiley face on my hand, I relaxed, oddly...everything was fine and a month later, I was living life without AF... Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2011, 20:10

Kim,
I've been put to sleep 5 times prior to my LIS. My first surgery was at 3 months old. I never really thought about the anesthesia Image I guess it's true what they say(lol) "ignorance is bliss." Image
My daughters appendix's burst when she was in high school. She was in horrible pain, and with my ex (her father) for several days visitation. I kept trying to get her dad to let me get her because I was worried her appendix could be the source of her pain. He was a jerk and it was a big power struggle. The day I got her from him, I took her straight to the hospital. Her appendix had burst for God knows how long. The Dr. told me one more day and gangrene would have set in. They had to rinse out her organs where they had burst. She spent 5 days in the hospital.
I don't blame you at all, the pain is horrible and being alone had to be scary. Oh and us women are always shopping,Lol. Image
So happy with my LIS results too and I'm with ya- I'd do it again in a heartbeat and much faster if I needed it again.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Aug 2011, 15:37

WOW! Image
GLAD she made it through OK! Image
Deleted User 5