Hi yesterday I was diagnosed w AF

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi yesterday I was diagnosed w AF

Postby kristiblue » 10 Aug 2011, 08:56

I am new here and am hoping to find encouragement and an understanding about this agony I am in.
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Hi yesterday I was diagnosed w AF

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2011, 09:11

Hey Kristi,
You've come to a good place for support and encouragement. There are plenty of folks on here who are or either have been where you are. I had a fissure for 8 months and had surgery last year. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. There's tons of information on here to hopefully help you heal or manage your fissure. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There are some great folks on this forum.

Postby rosey » 10 Aug 2011, 22:12

Hello
What were your symtoms before you went to the doctor. I am new here too. just joined up yesterday. I find this site very supportive.
rosey
Fibre Addict

Postby val » 11 Aug 2011, 10:31

Hello, welcome to the group.
This is a nightmare to have to go through, but with the right treatment, and advice,you will get through it.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby kristiblue » 11 Aug 2011, 15:48

@Rosey,the severe pain and bloody stools,plus I have a skin tag right THERE. It's swollen and really hurts.I was in constant spasm mode and it took my breath away at times. My body was telling me something was terribly wrong.I went to my primary for a butt exam,totally humiliating and they refered me out to a Gastro Doc,a super painful exam,I cried for half an hour after.He then informed me,it was a fissure.And put me on the Nitro and Marlax and strict regimen of soft foods and baths. This really sux! If I dont heal on my own,it's under the knife for me. Never had surgery my whole life,still have my tonsils even. What about you?
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Sue27uk » 16 Aug 2011, 07:09

I was diagnosed 3 months ago, but may have had it for 5 months! Sorry to hear you're suffering. This forum is really helpful, good advice! Has defintely helped me to cope. I'd read through some of the old threads, there is some good info and tips :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2011, 08:37

Hi Kristiblu,
I had surgery for my AF last Thursday. I woke up in less pain than when I arrived for the surgery. The next morning was probably the worst so far with regard to the pain, but it honestly hasn't been much worse than a really bad day before. Granted, surgery is different for everyone but I'd take the surgery again any day than to keep suffering with these things. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck!