burning pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

burning pain

Postby jenny2 » 17 Aug 2011, 17:21

can anyone tell me if burning is normal to have with the anal fissure? My butt is really burning today and just dont know what i can do for it. nitro is not helping me at all.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: burning pain

Postby Layla85 » 17 Aug 2011, 17:56

hey Jenny.
I'm not too sure about the burning. Could well be the nitro cream. That has irritated me in the past before but at the same time its also helped at times. There isn't any other odd symptoms is there? No discharge or anything? There are many people on this board far more knowledgeable than me about fissures and I'm sure someone else will respond soon. Baths always helped sooth the pain for me so maybe give that a go for now.
Hope that helps :)
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Postby ouchtear » 17 Aug 2011, 18:03

Yes burning is definitely a symptom.
Along with with a paper cut sensation.
Burning's medical term is called Inflammation.
Anti-inflammitories only treat the symptoms not the cause.
My ass was inflamed for 5 years...
If it is a fissure then the muscles near the fissure will contract too quickly during defication sometimes stopping it short.. This is the bodies natural response to protect itself.
Especially if the stool is hard and is tearing at the fissure again. It's a viscous cycle of tearing and spasms..
The spasms tend to inflame and aggravate the area also.
Then it becomes a catch 22.. Do I have more smaller BMs or do I have fewer larger ones.. Both are not good choices..
That's of course if you can somehow manage that choice.
They say Hemmeroids can become inflamed too so it is often mistaken for a fissure..
Just stay on this forum and keep reading
and maybe you'll find a cure..
My Suggestion for everyone I meet from now on is to Ask if you have been tested for Celliac or Gluten Intolerance.
For Me it ended my 5 years of Hell by going gluten free..
ouchtear
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby jenny2 » 17 Aug 2011, 20:02

hello and thanks for responding. No. i dont have any discharge. I am very interested in the gluten intolerance that you have talked about ouchtear. 3 years ago i had a upper endoscopy that diganosed Celiac disease/ Sprue. i tried the Gluten free diet for awhile but i just could not live with the possibility of no more beer or bread for my entire life. I have continued to eat what i want for 3 years and no problems except for the Anal fissure that i developed 8 months ago that is giving me trouble now. I told my CRS about the Celiac diagnosis in the past but he didnt seem to be worried about it. Should i say something to him again on Friday? Is Af releated to Celiac disease or gluten problems.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby ouchtear » 18 Aug 2011, 18:28

Jenny,
For me the Gluten caused a deficiency in magnesium which help me poop and it relaxes the muscles. The balance of Calcium and magnesium in our bodies is universal ying and yang.. My lack of magnesium due to the malabsorbtion resulting from the Gluten intolerance caused the constipation which caused the fissure which caused the spasms..
And then to counter this problem what does the doctor say...YUUUPPPP "EAT MORE FIBER"!!!
Which is more Wheat Glutenizing myself..
I look back at the insanity of it all...
There are over 300 diseases and complications that can be a result from it.. The more I learn about it everyday.. the more convinced I am that this is the reason for most Health care issues.. It makes sense... With all the super vitamin enriched additives that we have in our foods then why aren't we super healthy.. If we were absorbing the nutrients than we would be... You hear stories all the time about how obese people are actually malnourished..
Hmmmm.....
the wheat today which is Genetically modified has way more GLuten in it than 25 years ago..
And if you really have celiac there are no gray areas.
Unfortunately You eat gluten, you get sick, you die...
It may be slow or maybe not..
I'm starting to sound like one of those ex smokers who wants the world to quit smoking... Just trying to bring awareness...
Imagine being in the same kind of pain Everyday for 5 years and then 3 days later after not eating a speck of gluten that pain is Gone...
I've got my life back..
There are gluten free beers now and
all distilled liquor with no additives are gluten free.
ouchtear
Salt Bather

Topics: 9