Caved and had LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Caved and had LIS

Postby Tim » 15 Oct 2011, 07:37

Hey folks, just following up at 3 weeks post surgery. I'm doing fairly well and other than an occassional twinge of pain (sharp...maybe stitches) I feel pretty darn good. BM's have been regular and basically pain free! The discharge seems to be subsiding a bit.
I really hope I'm on the mend. I'm getting married in 4 hours and our honeymoon is next week. You should see my luggage....lol...miralax packets, Konsyl powder, high fiber bars...some diltiazem..just in case and lots of pads and gauze...it's nuts...but I pack like a girl so "chance favors the prepared mind".
Anyhow, just wanted to follow-up and states that my LIS and fissure suturing is doing pretty well at this point. I'm no where near 100% but I feel as if I'm 100% better off now than before surgery. Hope you all are having good pain free days and I'll check back in after the honeymoon. Wish us luck as I'm a bit timid about the traveling this close to my post-op but it is what it is.
Take Care!
Tim
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Rosa M » 15 Oct 2011, 07:47

Congratulations Tim and good for tou! So wonderful to hear all your god news!
Rosa M
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby TonyStone » 15 Oct 2011, 09:01

Congrats man, your advice really helped
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Guest » 15 Oct 2011, 10:21

Aww Good Luck Tim and Congratulations!!

Postby linda » 15 Oct 2011, 10:47

Hi Tim, thanks for posting your story, it really helps. I've had my AF all summer too (I'm also from Massachusetts) and it has been awful. My CRS just suggested I consider LIS yesterday and I am thinking about it. Mine doesn't bleed much either, just pain but it gets better then worse then better. Today's not too bad so we'll see.
I hope you have a great honeymoon and maybe can recoup some of those lost summer days....and enjoy this beautiful New England fall when you get back! Congratulation on everything.
linda
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby jenny2 » 15 Oct 2011, 11:17

have a good honeymoon tim and so glad to hear that you are doing better.. congraulations..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35