bummer, got worse, feeling sad

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

bummer, got worse, feeling sad

Postby Iona » 07 Oct 2011, 20:01

Evening fellow sufferers,

Well I had a whole 24 hours with no bleeding which was a joy.. I felt almost normal!

Then I am not sure what I did wrong - perhaps nothing? - but I had a terrible sore bottom, followed by a veryw painful bm. Applied the nitro and in the evening the knife feelings were back and loads of blood again.

Tonight I have stabbing spasms and soreness..

I have movicol now and plan to start in tomorrow but for some reason I'm resisting!

Just don't want my whole life to be like this, I realise I am new to this condition and people have suffered longer and worse than myself but I am feeling really down about it and its so hard to talk to people about it as its just not work conversation material!

On the good side the nitro headaches are bad but not as bad as the migraines I get so I am dealing with that ok.

What to you all do with the nitro? Meaning when do you apply it? I am doing about 2 cm of it before bed then at mid day.

I hope you are all doing ok yourselves,

My best,
Iona
Iona
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: bummer, got worse, feeling sad

Postby rosebud » 07 Oct 2011, 21:48

Hi Iona,
I applied it after every sitz bath and bowel movement and before going to bed. However, I believed I may have used it too often and broke out in hives (assuming it was the topical) but not sure. One of the best things I found was something called surgilube. The surgeon gave me samples and I ordered some on-line. At one time, with 10 to 20 sitz baths a day, the surgilube provides the cooling relief I need without the side effects. Also provides the moisture I need when applying my nightly ice packs. Ask your surgeon/doctor about it. Good luck.... I am sending many positive and healing vibes your way... Rosebud...
rosebud
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby TonyStone » 07 Oct 2011, 22:23

I had such a burning sensation with the nitro I only used it a few days, then tried nifedipine. No side effects but in the end I had LIS.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby dwarfs8 » 07 Oct 2011, 22:37

I m sorry u r suffering! We all were like u, I didnt know what I done wrong or eat wrong always and it just seems to retear for no reasons! If nitro gives u headache, tell ur CRS and switch to Another cream. Try put aloe Vera, that helps me to heal better than nitro. Nitro has no healing properties, only help relax ur anus so it promotes gd blood flow, this is the same as sitz baths. U need lots of sitz baths now, make sure ur stools r always soft.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Iona » 08 Oct 2011, 14:57

Thanks for the replys guys, just seems to make everything feel better having people around who understand - i think my flat mates find it a tad too much information!!
We have taken to calling our rear ends Betty Bottom - Betty for short. One of them has potential Crohns so understands horrid symptoms.
I took my first Movicol's today which wasn't as bad as I thought so I am hoping to get some benefit from that in a couple of days.
Many people are recommending sitz baths. My problem is that i dont have a bath! Silly question possibly, but would sitting in a bowl of water work out? Am thinking of getting one.
Really things have been much worse today, i have been having horrible muscle spasms like knives and my bottom is so tight i could barely put the nitro up there!
A question for the ladys, I also got some spasms of nerve or muscle of some kind which went round towards my lady area which was awful.. have you ever had that problem? i guess the muscles are just setting each other off.
I have not taken any pain killers as i am worried about them constipating me but i am getting desperate now.
Is there anything i can take which will not cause an issue? or will the movicol sort that problem out anyway?
Thanks again,
Iona
Iona
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby jenny2 » 08 Oct 2011, 15:27

iona, hi. i am taking tramadol that my gp gave me for the pain. at times this has contispated me taking pain killers. i have started with the mirlax and that has seemed to give me diarrhea at times but better then constipation or the pain or the butt issues. hope you feel better soon, i really know how this feels. ( I AM SICK OF IT) lol... Image
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby dwarfs8 » 08 Oct 2011, 19:49

I m just like u! Later than I know that sithz bath is Actually a pan that can fit onto the toilet bowl and u can just sit into it just like when u r doing a bm. Go phamacy and they shld have it.
Try panadol for pain which my CRS said it's safer. When u take painkillers u prObably nd to up ur Laxative. I wld suggest that u try to take prune juice and magnesium supplements which are natural and also mayb fiber supplements which are quite safe for long term use. Miralax is an osmotIc laxative like lactulose, it's fairly safe for long term use too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Postby caligirl » 08 Oct 2011, 22:57

Nitro is horrible...it just adds to the horrid pain of pooping glass. I had an anal fissure and til this day have to follow a high fiber diet. I saw 4 doctors and was going crazy...it's emotionally exhausting and depressing. I tried 4 different medications that they gave me and also bought amoulis fissure oil. That didnt help. I ended up stopping the baths...and not sitting on the heating pad. After a year you realize this crap is not working even though Dr. Oz on tv says all of the above. I came accross the wesite Dr. Wheatgrass miracle cream for fissures(its like a multiuse cream)...I kid you not I visited that website like 5 times before buying it. I wish I purchased it the first time!! The best cream ever...and I have tried Proctofoam, nitro, lidocaine,etc. I use that cream like 2-3 times a day and take fiber pills...the Psyllium Fiber. I like the pills because they are so much easier. I only take two. Best of wishes...I know how horrible it feels.
caligirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Sue27uk » 09 Oct 2011, 05:59

Iona I know how horrible all this is. I also had a pulling sensation underneath and my 'lady bits' were affected. Also alot of my pelvis has been affected by the fissure so don't worry. I get that when I have spasms. Luckily as the spasms have died down the pulling underneath has stopped, only driving sets it off. I think sitting in the bath is pretty much the same as a sitz bath :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby dwarfs8 » 09 Oct 2011, 06:33

caligirl, i'm glad that the wheatgrass cream worked for u. I bought the drwheatgrass superbalm and the super spray, and they sting me, bringing more pain to me instead! I'm not sure why it just can't work for me. so i stick to my good old aloe vera..
when i have fissure, the pain is all at the back, but i do have some difficulty and pain when urinating cos we use the same muscles to push down there
dwarfs8
King Fissure