Worried about work

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Worried about work

Postby garzman » 11 Nov 2011, 11:26

Greetings all. I am into my second week of a reoccuring fissure. My last one three years ago lasted two months before it got better. Now I'm worried about my job. At work I sit at a computer all day and haven't been able to for over a week and it doesn't look good. How are all of you coping with work? Sitting for 10 hours a day at this point is not going to happen. Work had asked me to work from Bed. I tried that but now my back is messed up because of the unsually positions I've been in. What to do with work is an issue....OH....Plus I have a 75 minute communte each way! OUCH!
Been to the CRS back on the cream, the last three days on a liduid diet and fiber foods, though I am eating very very little. CRS says he can schedule surgury in two weeks so I'm doing my research and will decide in the next few days.
Any advice?
garzman

Topics: 2

Re: Worried about work

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Nov 2011, 02:40

Have u tried sitz bath? U must keep ur stools soft and allow urself months before the fissure to settle down. Read the thread "my success story" for some ideas.
If u had enough of the fissure and is ready, LIS cld help u. But do expect at least one week of rest too
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Savaici » 12 Nov 2011, 08:09

Very good suggestion that dwarfs8 has given you about the Sitz Bath. It really is a necessary. I have been writing my 'Sitz bath story' day by day, and though idont want to jinx myself, it is helping with the pain, though I do have spasms after use, which if bad I calm down with a very low (0.12mg) of Lorazapam. Do give the Sitz Bath a try, and use it faithfully after each BM. Let us know how you're doing! Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby dwarfs8 » 13 Nov 2011, 21:30

For the sitz bath, i have read an article that it's crucial to use warm water and not HOT water, as hot water can actually worsen the spasms. The aim of the sitz bath is to relax the muscles and thus encouraging good blood flow.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Postby Goma » 15 Nov 2011, 15:57

Dwarfs8- Oh no? Really? I've been using really hot water because I figured it would get more blood flow and help things heal faster down there. Oooppss... Good to know!
Goma
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby dwarfs8 » 15 Nov 2011, 17:57

Hi goma, as I said, I have seen articles on it, I didnt try it out myself, cos I can't stand too hot water. Probably u want to try out with warm water for a few days and see if there is any difference?
dwarfs8
King Fissure