Botox: Post-Op, when will the pain go away?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox: Post-Op, when will the pain go away?

Postby GoingNuts » 13 Nov 2011, 15:42

Hi all,
Six month ago, I started feeling mild pain during BM caused by an AF, but 3 weeks ago, it got way way worse. The pain I felt was off the charts. Long story short, the nidepefine cream was not enough, and opted to go the botox route.
I had the Botox treatment 2 days ago, and now I feel continous pain, especially to the touch, which I did'nt have before, but thats liveble. What I would like to ask is:
1-How long will the added pain ( didn't think was possible Image ) from the treatment last?
2-When should I expect to be able to not fear my next BM?
3-Is it normal that I feel I have to push a little to do a BM, (what i am not doing) and as a results its been 6 days since I had any real BM. I know I'm scared but I'm on Metamucil and Restoralax and the doc added lactulose to the list. I'm eating only one small very very high fiber meal a day. Is it possible that I didn't eat enough to go BM???
This is so hard, and now emotional, I just want to now what to expect...
Thanks,
GoingNuts

Topics: 1

Re: Botox: Post-Op, when will the pain go away?

Postby dwarfs8 » 13 Nov 2011, 18:57

Hi I m sorry to head that u r on a rollercoaster ride now, but do take heart as we've all been there or is still there. I have nv been thru LIS or Botox so I can't really comment. But it is quite weird that Botox is giving u more pain than before, have u asked it CRS about this?
Are ur stools too bulky at the moment? If yes, do cut down on ur fiber intake, as it's crucial to keep ur stools of a normal size and soft. Remember the more fiber u take, the more water u need to take, else it can harden and become bulky. The aim of fiber is to keep things going and thus remains soft. Soluble fiber can soften stools and insoluble fiber keep things going so both are important. Try to cultivate good bowel habits like having bm after your breakfast everyday, whichever works for u.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby GoingNuts » 13 Nov 2011, 21:00

Thanks,
I plan cut my metamucil by half, after reading this AWSOME forum.
That said, I have two worries, the first is compacting since its been a while, I always feel I have to push - motivate - my BMs that are soft and not thick, I don't get it, is that what ppl mean by spasm, or tight? And the second, is it normal to have pain caused by the botox procedure?
I would really appreciate any insight, thanks again
GoingNuts

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2011, 22:05

Hey GoingNuts,
Sorry things aren't going so well right now. I didn't have Botox, but from most of the post in here, results can vary. Some say it can take a week to a week &1/2 before getting any results from the procedure. There is always a possibility of developing a hemmie from the procedure if the needles aren't administered just right Image I'm not saying that is the reason for any pain you're having at the moment but that is always a possibility.
Spasms do cause a tight feeling in that area. It can be almost impossible to have a bm when that area is in spasm. Once the botox kicks in your sphincter( internal muscle)should relax and allow for easier bm's.
If you type in Botox in the forum search , you will find a lot of post on experience and how they vary.
Good Luck and hang in there! It's still kind of early so it could be the Botox needs a little more time to kick in.

Postby Deleted User 1021 » 13 Nov 2011, 23:20

Hi goinn nuts,
Sorry you are in pain after your Botox. I was also in worse pain after my Botox. Apparently I got prolapsed hemmorhoids which made things worse. I used ice as a compress, hot baths and a travellors neck support cushion (a small u-shaped cushion) to sit on. Hope you feel better soon.
Liz
Deleted User 1021