discharge post 3 months

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

discharge post 3 months

Postby k_fissure » 19 Nov 2011, 12:18

Hello all,
Hope every1 is doing well with their fissures cured or in curing stage. Its been 3 months since I had my LIS. No pain nothing everythign is perfectly normal except for dishcarge. Its just a small bit and yellow and sometimes a hint of red in it. I dont feel any pain. The smell is the same as that immediately after the surgery. Its just never stopped. Its extremely a small amount on the gauze and if I dont put a gauze I wouldn't know that there was discharge. Im currently at University and going back home next month which is when I will visit my CRS. I spoke to him over the phone a few days ago and he said nothing to be done and when I visit him he will put an ointment.
Anybody with a similar experience ? I'm not particularly worried since it doesn't harm my life in any way but just curious to know what it is.
k_fissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: discharge post 3 months

Postby dwarfs8 » 30 Nov 2011, 20:46

hi there, notice nobody answer ur queries. how are u lately?
I do not have LIS before, so i couldn't help. But i do wish that u are healing nicely!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Re: discharge post 3 months

Postby StevePain » 01 Dec 2011, 06:27

The discharge can last for months and will be present while the fissure is healing or indeed when you have a re-tear, I've had discharge intermittently throughout the last 15 months because I keep re-tearing/healing and re-tearing, as long as it doesn't have a foul smelling odour and you don't have a fever it's normal
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45