wat to do-still have spasms 3 months post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

wat to do-still have spasms 3 months post op

Postby g09t6844 » 26 Nov 2011, 12:17

Hie
its been 3 months post LIS surgery for me, i have stopped bleeding since the op and thats a gud thing... no mo blood, but wat bothers me is that i still feel pain ad at tyms i retear myself, i was out of movicol for two days but i took lots of water and fybralax and the outcome wasnt good at all, my stools hardened very much and i was in pain. Also i had a check up and apparently the doc says im stil quite tight even after surgery, i also feel that i still have a bit of too much spasms, im on antidepressants to keep my stress level low but isnt that the point of LIS, ITS SUPPOSED TO KILL THE SPASMS, the doc says if he had cut any deeper i would be incontinent, so am i being unpatient and ungrateful cos i do thank God that i dnt bleed anymore,but the spasma eish.... i still take warm baths wen i have quite painful bms and im also on movicol but the spasms wat shud i do, i take deep yoga breaths and its bn helpful to a certain extent. wat shud i do.. does this mean i have to live with spasms for the rest of my life.
g09t6844
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: wat to do-still have spasms 3 months post op

Postby StevePain » 26 Nov 2011, 14:12

Hi there, spasms after LIS isn't uncommon, most of us that have had LIS had the spasms for several (or more) months after, I was having them for 6 months though they wasn't quite as painful as pre-LIS spasms, so don't worry unnecessarily, things could calm down at any time, take one day at a time, be patient.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Dom » 28 Nov 2011, 20:17

StevePain wrote:Hi there, spasms after LIS isn't uncommon, most of us that have had LIS had the spasms for several (or more) months after, I was having them for 6 months though they wasn't quite as painful as pre-LIS spasms, so don't worry unnecessarily, things could calm down at any time, take one day at a time, be patient.

When you say they weren't quite as painful pre-LIS do you mean they were still quite painful??
Dom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2011, 20:40

Hey Michelle,
I agree spasms three months post-op is a little ridiculous. I don't understand how a fissure is suppose to heal if ones still having spasms! Isn't that the whole reason they don't heal before LIS?!
I really wish you were able to get some valium to take temporarily to settle the spasms. I had some post-op spasms and took them a week and all was fine after that.
Dom, post-op spasms can be very painful. I had them temporarily and took the valium for a short time. For most people spasms are gone immediately but for some the butt can go into a little shock and still spasm especially when more work than LIS is done. It should only be temporarily post-op unless the cut ,God forbid isn't sufficient.
I and a few other boardie's took the valium right away and they stopped. Some just took the baths, etc until things settled.

Postby StevePain » 29 Nov 2011, 15:15

Dom, they were quite painful but manageable, my ass was in shock though due to the extra work down there and the fact that I ripped my stitches in the first week didn't help, but you should settle down in time.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45